MJ wrongful death suit / kitkat gegen AEG

• Ich weiß, das Thema ist nicht lustig, aber diese Übersetzung ist einfach zum Brüllen:

Zitat

The injections were both in Jackson's face, some near his nose and he got Botox on at least one of his lower eyelids.
    Die Injektionen waren beide in Jacksons Gesicht, einige nahe der Nase und er bekam Botox unter seinen unteren Eiliedern.

:lmao

'tschuldigung :verlegen

• CONRAD MURRAY
    MJ HIRED ME
    AND HATED AEG

Michael Jackson -- NOT AEG -- hired Dr. Conrad Murray and MJ actually kept AEG at complete arms length on issues of medical treatment, because he felt a bunch of snakes ran the concert promotion company ... and these are the words of Conrad Murray captured on tape.

TMZ has obtained a voice mail Murray recently left on a friend's answering machine. If it were testimony in the wrongful death trial, it could be explosive. Among other things, Murray says:

-- Michael personally offered him the job of being his doctor on the "This Is It" tour

-- AEG actually wanted to hire a less expensive doctor, but Michael got his way with Murray

-- AEG never ordered Murray to give MJ any specific medical treatment. All requests came from Michael

-- AEG was not even aware of the medical treatment Michael was receiving. This point is critical

-- Michael despised AEG and referred to people who worked for the company as "snakes"

-- Michael had particular disdain for "This Is It" producer/director Kenny Ortega. MJ said he hated Ortega, who had no idea how much pain he was inflicting on Michael with the breakneck pace.

And Michael's venom extended to his family. Murray claims during the Jackson 5 Pay for View project, Joe (whom he called Papa Bear) demanded $1 million. Katherine (whom he called Mama Bear) also wanted $1 mil. And each of the brothers wanted $500k.

You gotta hear the audio.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013…-audio-aeg-wrongful-death

• ...ich glaube eines nicht.. dass Michael Ortega "gehasst" hat....Kenny Ortega zeigte sich immer noch am fürsorglichsten gegenüber Michael...und ich bin überzeugt..auch Michael hat das gespürt..
    .dahinter steckt meiner Meinung nach Murrays eigenes "Verhältnis" zu Ortega...er..Murray.. hatte einen Grund Kenny Ortega nicht wohlgesonnen zu sein...spätestens seit dem Zusammenstoß der beiden in Michaels Haus am
    19.?..Juni 2009..
    ..ausserdem..wir wissen ja..wer diese Geschichten erzählt...es is der notorische Lügner CM!

• 22. August 2013

Nach Michael Jacksons ex-Frau Debbie Rowe war Dr. Gary Green an der Reihe. Dr. Green trat als Expertenzeuge für AEG Live auf; er ist Arzt für das Sportteam der Pepperdine University. Mit Dr. Greens Aussage bezweckte AEG Live, die Aussage von Dr. Gordon Matheson, einem Expertenzeugen für die Jackson Seite (siehe hier für Mathesons Aussage am 24. Juni), anzufechten. Dr. Greens hatte vor seinem Auftritt die Aussagen und Beweise der vergangenen 16 Wochen durchgelesen.

“Ich stimme Dr. Matheson überhaupt nicht zu”, so Green. Es habe keinen Interessenskonflikt gegeben, so Green, da es in Conrad Murrays Interesse lag, dass Michael Jackson gesund bliebe, damit er weiterhin seinen Job machen konnte. Was die E-Mail von co-CEO Paul Gongaware an Kenny Ortega betrifft, in der ersterer schrieb, dass sie (dh. AEG) Murray daran erinnern möchten, dass AEG und nicht Michael Jackson Murrays Gehalt bezahlen und dass sie ihn auch daran erinnern wollen, was von ihm erwartet würde, meinte Green, dass er keinen Beweis dafür fand, dass diese Nachricht jemals an Conrad Murrray kommunziert wurde und er daher glaube, dass sie “keinen Einfluss” hatte.
    Ferner berief sich Green auf vorherige Aussagen, aus denen herausging, dass Conrad Murray sich gegen jederlei Einmischung durch AEG gewehrt hatte. Einmal hatte Murray AEG sogar gesagt, sie sollen sich um ihren eigenen Kram kümmern und sie sollen Michael Jacksons Gesundheit ihm überlassen. Zudem habe Murray Michael Jackson einmal sogar davon abgehalten, zu den Proben zu gehen, was in Widerspruch zu AEGs Absicht gestanden hatte, so Green.
    Quellen: jackson.ch, cnn.com

Copyright © jackson.ch

• Zitat

MJ said he hated Ortega,

NEVER never never ever :nee
    das ist spwas von schwachsinn.
    mj wollte ja grade ortega für this is it.
    makes no sense. :bla
    im gegenteil, mike wusste, dass grade ortega weiss,
    was seine visionen sind, und wie er arbeitet.
    das war gegenseitiger respekt und vertrauen,
    kein hass, keine verachtung.
    schwachsinn.
    aber murray will das so verkaufen, um selbst als
    einziger 'vertrauter' und freund von MJ zu erscheinen :bla

dass MJ in letzter instanz der auftraggeber für murray war,
    war für mch allerdings eh nie die frage.
    jedoch gab es da keinen contract, den mj unterschrieben hat.

von mir aus kann der labern was er will, kann sich auf den kopf stellen und mit den eiern wackeln -
    für mich war und ist ER der mörder.
    ende gelände.
    egal wer was wann wo gesagt oder getan hat, egal ob mike ein 'junkie' gewesen sein mag,
    egal ob mike gebettelt oder was immer hat.
    MURRAY setzte die spritzen, murray liess (mehrere) tödliche dosen in mikes organismus laufen.
    kein anderer.

• für mich war und ist ER der mörder.
    ende gelände. egal wer was wann wo gesagt oder getan hat, egal ob mike ein 'junkie' gewesen sein mag, egal ob mike gebettelt oder was immer hat. MURRAY setzte die spritzen, murray liess (mehrere) tödliche dosen in mikes organismus laufen. kein anderer.

Genau Dr. Gier hätte einfach nur sagen müssen "tut mir leid, lieber Michael, aber ich gebe dir kein Propofol außerhalb eines Krankenhauses." Aber lieber hat er lustig weitergespritzt und infundiert, damit ihm ja keine Kohle entgeht.

Dieser Mensch ist so widerlich und gehört für mein Verständnis in die Psychiatrie.

• Genau Dr. Gier hätte einfach nur sagen müssen "tut mir leid, lieber Michael, aber ich gebe dir kein Propofol außerhalb eines Krankenhauses." Aber lieber hat er lustig weitergespritzt und infundiert, damit ihm ja keine Kohle entgeht.

Dieser Mensch ist so widerlich und gehört für mein Verständnis in die Psychiatrie.

Ich wüßte da was besseres :hehe Dr. bady, Schwester Alex .... :pfeif schreiten wir zur Tat :D

• ..nochmals zu CM's voicemail..

..hier ist ein Skript vom ganzen Tape von @GreenEyes,MJJC. Murray scheint Schwierigkeiten mit dem Zählen zu haben. Von 1 bis 7 haperts....

#1. I was initially offered the position of being the personal physician of Michael Jackson and his three children by Michael himself.

#2. I later learned by Michael that AEG was involved in the hiring process and they wanted to hire a less expensive doctor. Michael also told me that the head of anesthesiology of Cedar Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles agreed with AEG to take the job for $40,000 per month. For reasons that are too inflammatory to discuss at this time, Michael refused the inducement of the offer.

#3. Both AEG and Michael Jackson were my joint employers.

#4. Any and all requests pertinent to my treatment of Michael, other than orders of myself or requests of Michael and not AEG. I took no orders for treatment from Michael nor AEG, and AEG never ordered me to give Michael any specific treatments, they justly should be absolved of this accusation.

#6. Michael received(inaudible) all types of pressure. The return of the Jackson 5, for example, in a pay per view program, he did his best to avoid signing this. He was under tremendous pressure by his family to do so. He was afraid his family was going to kill him if he did not sign it, but he did not want to be a part of the Jackson 5. That, according to Michael, was a thing of the past. He had moved on. He was Michael Jackson by himself. The denials of that contract was very, very severe on how it did to Michael. This is the jest of it. There is Papa Bear, was his nickname, ordered and demanded one million ($1,000,000) dollars paid to him for the contract. There's Mama Bear, who also demanded one million ($1,000,000) for herself. Each of the brother bears needed five hundred thousand ($500,000) each. Michael did not have that money. He was was in a deepening trough from soaring loans from AEG which exceeded $40 million at that time.

#7. To the best of my knowledge, AEG was not aware of my medical treatment of Michael. Michael referred to AEG as snakes and said they were too entrusted in his personal affairs. He asked me to stave off his manager Frank Dileo, whom he did not trust.

#7. From Michael's lips to my ear, no single individual exherted as much pressure on (inaudible), as the core producer of the This is it tour. He hated Ortega, but Ortega was not astute enough to recognize how much pain he was causing Michael; who by then had lost his mental fortitute, and whose mental had become exceedingly listless. I may displayed an acromonious tone, but I told Ortega to leave the doctoring to me, but I certainly was not caustic. I was merely trying to protect Michael from his assailant, Kenny Ortega.

Finally, I'd like to state this message this just a single ray, one filliment of light into the secret life of a man, my friend, and one whose suffering and pain I still hold. But one day soon I'll share with you his full spectrum of lights and the kallidoscope of events which colored a wretched past. Now you've heard the message, the rest is entirely up to you. Be just, and stay thirsty my friends.

Dr. Murray

• Defense Expert: Conrad Murray’s Medical License A Built-In Background Check

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A human resources expert called to the stand by AEG Live Tuesday testified it is rare for a company to check the credit of an independent contractor, particularly a physician with a medical license.
    Ein Personalexperte von AEG Live am Dienstag in den Stand berufen sagt, dass es selten ist für unabhänige Aufragnehmer Credit-Checks zu machen, besonders bei einem Arzt mit med. Lizenz.

Human resources consultant Rhoma Young was called to testify in the wrongful death lawsuit brought on behalf of Michael Jackson’s mother and children.

When Jackson asked AEG to hire Dr. Conrad Murray to serve as his personal physician for the ill-fated ‘This Is It’ concert tour, AEG negotiated an independent contractor agreement with the doctor.

In July, attorneys for the Jackson family called their own HR expert to the stand, who testified that proper hiring practices require companies to assess the risks posed by an independent contractor. Conducting a credit check on Murray would have shown that the doctor was deeply in debt.
    Im Juli haben Anwälte für die Jackson-Familie ihre eigenen Personalexperten in den Stand gerufen, der aussagte das richtige Einstellungspraktiken verlagnge, die Risiken durch eine unabhängige Auftragnehmer zu beruteilen. Die Durchführung einer Bonitätsprüfung hätte gezeigt das Murray tief verschuldet war.

“I absolutely do not agree,” Young testified Tuesday.
    "Ich stimme damit absolut nicht überein" sagte Young in der Aussage am Dienstag.

According to Young, it is not common practice for a company like AEG to perform a credit check on an independent contractor.
    Bezugnehmend auf Young ist es nicht üblich für eine Firma wie AEG Credit-Checks üfr einen unbhänigen Auftragnehmer zu machen.

Young also testified that a physician’s medical license is a built-in background check, requiring a criminal background check and the verification of skills, education and experience.
    Young hat auch ausgesagt, dass die medizinische Lizenz eines Arztes einen eingebauten Hintergrundcheck aufweist beinhaltend die Überprüfung eines kriminellen Hintergrundes und die Prüfung der Fähigkeiten, Ausbildung und Erfahrung.

Katherine Jackson alleges AEG Live was negligent in the hiring and supervising of Murray, who was convicted of administering a fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol that killed Michael Jackson in 2009.

AEG denies any wrongdoing and maintains the doctor was brought on at Jackson’s request.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...kground-check/

• 23. August 2013

Am Mittwoch hat Jeffrey Adams, der für die Sicherheit an Spezialanlässen von Michael Jackson verantwortlich war, vor Gericht ausgesagt bzw. wurde die Videoaufzeichnung seiner eidesstattlichen Aussage den Geschworenen gezeigt.
    Jeffrey hatte Michael Jackson Conrad Murray vorgestellt gehabt. Er war “sicher”, dass Michael und Murray sich zum ersten Mal im Februar 2007 getroffen hatten. Adams sagte, dass eines Tages Bashier Muhammad, ein Security Guard von Michael Jackson, ihn anrief und ihm mitteilte, dass Michaels Kinder krank waren, er sie aber nicht ins Spital bringen wollte, weil sie “nicht parat waren oder nichts hatten, das ihre Gesichter bedeckte”, so Adams. Conrad Murray war Adams Hausarzt und hatte auch seinen Vater behandelt. Als Muhammad Adams fragte, ob man dem Arzt vertrauen konnte, sagte letzterer: “Ich sagte, er ist mein Arzt. Er ist mein Freund. Man kann ihm definitiv vertrauen”.
    Innert 10 Minuten rief Adams Murray an und sagte ihm, dass er ihn um einen riesen Gefallen bitten möchte. Er habe einen berühmten Kunden, für den er arbeitete und ob er rüber kommen könnte, um seine Kinder zu untersuchen. Muhammad bat Adams um Murrays Lebenslauf, den Adams ihm aber nicht geben wollte, da es sich um einen persönlichen Gefallen handelte. Am nächsten Tag hatte ihm Muhammad gesagt, dass Conrad Murray Michael Jackson in dessen Las Vegas Residenz besucht hatte und alles in Ordnung war. Auf die Frage hin, wie oft Conrad Murray Michael Jackson oder seine Kinder behandelt hatte, antwortete Adams, dass ihm das nicht bekannt sei.
    Adams sagte aus, dass er Conrad Murray zum ersten Mal in den 1990er Jahren durch einen gemeinsamen Freund getroffen hatte und bis zu Murrays Verurteilung im November 2011 dessen Patient blieb. Als Michael Jackson im Juni 2009 gestorben war, rief Adams Murray an und fragte ihn, ob er ihn brauchte. “Ich sagte ihm, dass er sich um mich und meinen Vater gekümmert hat und dass ich an seiner Seite bleiben würde, bis alles durch war”, so Adams. So kam Adams am folgenden Tag in Südkaliforien an und lebte bis zu Murray Verurteilung mit ihm zusammen, kümmerte sich um dessen Sicherheit und reiste mit ihm an verschiedene Orte in den USA, inklusive Las Vegas und Houston, wo Murray einige Patienten behandelte.
    Die Einzelheiten betreffend Michael Jacksons Tod habe er nie mit Murray besprochen, so Adams.

Quellen: jackson.ch, latimes.com

• Jeff Gottlieb ‏@GottliebJeff 23 Aug
    Conrad Murray's attorney said she has invited AEG's lawyers to talk to her client in jail Monday about Michael Jackson. Hasn't heard back.
    Murrays Anwältin habe die AEG-Anwälte eingeladen, am Montag im Gefängnis mit Murray über MJ zu reden. Sie habe noch keine Antwort bekommen.

• ..es ist zwar nur was "am Rande"...zum Verhältnis KO und MJ

"High School Musical" star Ashley Tisdale:

Jackson was a big influence on her music and the work of her "HSM" castmates.
    "I've loved Michael Jackson, his music, his music videos," Tisdale said. "I mean, the man made music videos what they are today. So, I've always been inspired by him. I think he's such a great dancer.
    Tisdale was looking forward to seeing what Ortega and Jackson would be debuting on July 13, when Jackson was scheduled to kick off his This Is It tour. She said she and her "HSM" buddies were going to make the trek overseas to see it for themselves. "We were all gonna go see him in London and go visit and watch the show," she said, adding that the show would have also included dancers from the "HSM" movies. "We had a lot of our dancers in the production as well.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/161...ired-her.jhtml

Michael Jackson has revealed his love for the hit movie series High School Musical to its breakout star, Zac Efron.

The actor got the chance to have a conversation with the King Of Pop when the film’s director and personal friend of Jackson, Kenny Ortega, handed the phone to Efron.

"I've been wanting to talk to Michael Jackson my whole life, but as soon as Kenny handed me the phone, I was at a loss for words. I have never been so speechless," Efron told Heat Magazine.

Jackson stated he’s a fan of the films, with Efron revealing: "He said he loves High SchoolMusical.”

“It was motivation for us, and encouragement."

http://www.gigwise.com/news/47104/mi...school-musical

Drew Seeley posted this video recently of himself and his “High School Musical” co-stars Corbin Bleu and Lucas Grabeel after they met Michael Jackson during one of the stops on their High School Musical concert tour. Here’s what Drew posted along with the video:

“In Las Vegas during one of the last stops of the High School Musical concert – Michael Jackson brought his kids to see the show, and came backstage to say hi. It was pretty surreal..”

http://www.disneydreaming.com/…-meeting-michael-jackson/

I just don't think Kenny Ortega and Michael Jackson were even friendly enemies. The different actor's and actresses and dancers were like a small community of Michael Jackson influences. Kenny Ortega even hands the phone to Zac Efron and he was the male lead in the movie's of "High School Musical." Ashley Tisdale talks about how their were dancer's who were in involved in both "High School Musical" and "This Is It."

Nope...ex-Doctor Conrad Murray is in the wrong about Kenny Ortega and Michael Jackson. What I have quoted above speaks volumes, as these people are witnesses to the bond between Kenny Ortega and Michael Jackson. It's a small world after all!

• 26. August 2013

Am Mittwoch wurde den Geschworenen auch noch die eidesstattliche Videoaussage von Dr. David Adams, einem Narkosearzt, sowie Dr. Stephen Gordon, einem Schönheitschirurgen gezeigt. Am Ende dieser Meldung sind zudem die Links zu den Protokollen von Debbie Rowes zwei Tagen im Zeugenstand ersichtlich für diejenigen, die es interessiert.

Dr. Adams hatte Michael Jackson im 2008 im Rahmen von kosmetischen Eingriffen im Zahnbereich viermal Propofol verabreicht gehabt. Conrad Murray hatte, so Adams, im März 2009 ein Treffen mit Michael Jackson und den beiden Ärzten arrangiert, bei dem Michael Jackson Dr. Adams fragte, ob er mit ihnen nach London reisen würde. Nachdem Adams anbot, die Stelle für USD 100’000 pro Monat für eine garantierte Zeitdauer von drei Jahren anzunehmen, hatte er von Conrad Murray nichts mehr gehört.
    Nur wenige Wochen später hatte Murray das Angebot von AEG Live, Michael Jackson für USD 150’000 pro Monat nach London zu begleiten angenommen. Es kam jedoch nie soweit, dass klar wurde, was Dr. Adams Aufgaben sein würden auf der Tour. Dr. Adams hatte ihnen, so sagte er aus, gesagt: “Ich singe nicht und ich kann nicht wirklich tanzen. Was soll ich also tun?” Daraufhin habe Michael ihm gesagt: “Nun, ich entertaine, ich springe herum, ich mache das alles. Von Zeit zu Zeit brauche ich eine Infusion. Sie müssen wir mir einfach dabei helfen, dass ich mich ausruhen kann.”
    Michael Jackson und Conrad Murray wären sehr vage gewesen mit ihrem Äusserungen, aber im Nachhinein habe er dann gewusst, was sie meinten, so Adams. Explizit sei jedoch nie die Rede davon gewesen, dass er Michael Jackson Propofol verabreichen oder seine Schlafprobleme behandeln müsste. Dr. Adams stellte auch klar, dass Michael Jackson nie etwas von ihm verlangt hatte, das medizinisch unangemessen gewesen wäre.

Dr. Adams hatte in seiner Aussage angedeutet, dass Murray eifersüchtig schien, als Michael Jackson Adams für den Job als Tourarzt anfragte. “Murray hatte ausgesehen, als habe er seinen besten Freund verloren”, als Michael Jackson mit Dr. Adams über die Stelle sprach. “[Murray] war definitiv aufgebracht und verärgert”, so Adams.

Von Michael Jacksons Tod erfuhr Dr. Adams während einer Operation in Las Vegas. Er schrieb eine Text Message an Murray: “Es tut mir leid zu hören, was passiert ist. Alles Gute”, worauf Murray aber nie geantwortet hatte.

Am Mittwoch wurde den Zeugen auch die eidesstattliche Videoaussage von Dr. Stephen Gordon, einem Schönheitschirurgen aus Las Vegas, gezeigt. Dieser beschrieb die Beziehung zwischen Conrad Murray und Michael Jackson als “sehr seltsam”. Conrad Murray hatte sich bereits am 14. Mai 2007 als Michael Jacksons Hausarzt und bis zu einem gewissen Grad als dessen Vertreter ausgegeben, als Murray Michael zu einem Besuch bei Dr. Gordon begleitet hatte. Gordon hatte Michael Jackson vier Jahre zuvor bereits einige Male behandelt gehabt, aber nicht in der Gegenwart von Conrad Murray; Murray hatte jedoch einen Cheque in der Höhe von USD 1’300 für die Behandlung ausgestellt gehabt.

“Die ganze Situation schien sehr seltsam und es machte keinen Sinn und deshalb hatte ich dieser Person nie ganz vertraut. Ich dachte mir, ein erfolgreicher Kardiologe läuft nicht herum und gibt sich als Hausarzt und Vertreter von jemandem aus, so meine Erfahrung”, so Gordon. Gemäss Dr. Gordon machte Michael Jackson den Eindruck, dass er es gewohnt war, den Ärzten zu sagen, was er wollte er und er somit durchaus in der Lage war, allein mit Ärzten zu kommunizieren. So hatte ihn Michael Jackson im 2002 einmal direkt angerufen, als er einen Arzt in Las Vegas suchte, der ihm Kollagen- und Botoxbehandlungen verabreichen könnte. “Zuerst dachte ich, da nimmt mich jemand hoch; einer meiner Freunde habe sich einen Spass mit ihm erlaubt”, so Gordon. Als er aber zurückrief im Hotel, realisierte er, dass es sich um Michael Jackson handelte, der zunächst sein Alias Michael Jefferson angegeben hatte.

Seit Donnerstag wurde eine mehrtätige Pause im Prozess eingelegt (der Grund ist uns im Moment nicht bekannt). Ende nächste Woche oder Anfang übernächste Woche soll es wieder weitergehen.
    Quellen: jackson.ch, cnn.com, teammichaeljackson.com

• Nurse details Michael Jackson's fatal search for sleep
    By Alan Duke, CNN
    August 29, 2013 -- Updated 0556 GMT (1356 HKT)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    * Nurse Cherilyn Lee testifies she warned Jackson about the dangers of propofol
    * "I remember telling him that it wasn't something he wanted to use at home," Lee testifies
    * 'You don't understand, doctors are telling me it's safe," Jackson tells nurse
    * Jackson died of a propofol overdose two months after Lee refused to help him get it

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A nurse collapsed on the witness stand after describing her unsuccessful attempt to convince Michael Jackson not to use propofol to treat his insomnia.

"I can't do this anymore! I can't do this anymore," Cherilyn Lee cried at the end of Wednesday's testimony in trial to decide if concert promoter AEG Live is liable in Jackson's death. As she broke down, she was assisted by others in the courtroom including one of the lawyers.

Lee broke into tears after telling jurors that she believed people, including Jackson and her own mother, have died because they listened to bad advice from doctors who over-prescribe drugs.

The certified nurse practitioner -- who specializes in holistic health care -- continues her testimony Thursday about trying to help Jackson in his desperate search for sleep in the last months of his life.

Jackson would have turned 55 on Thursday had he not died from an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol on June 25, 2009.

The singer's mother and children are suing AEG Live, claiming the company that was promoting and producing his comeback tour negligently hired, retained or supervised Dr. Conrad Murray.

The company's lawyers argue Jackson chose and controlled Murray and that its executives had no way of knowing about the treatments he was giving that ultimately killed the pop icon.

Murray used propofol infusions to put Jackson to sleep each night for two months, beginning soon after Lee stopped treating the singer's insomnia with IV drips of a vitamin cocktail.

Lee began treating Jackson in his Los Angeles home on February 1, 2009, days after he signed a three-year contract with AEG Live for a world tour, which would start with 50 shows in London to debut in July.

"My concern was that he was drinking Red Bulls," she said. He drank several cans of the energy drink during their first meeting. "I was thinking his tiredness and fatigue was related to that."

Jackson "started to feel really great" and "looked healthier" after a month of her IV treatments of Vitamin C and other nutrients, she testified.

But he still couldn't sleep more than five hours a night and with rehearsals for his "This Is It" tour cranking up in April "he needed something a little more," she testified.

Jackson rejected her recommendation that he have a sleep specialist visit his home to study his insomnia or that he cut down the lights and music in his bedroom, she said.

Earlier testimony suggested that Jackson had already given up on Lee's methods and decided that propofol, which German doctors had used to treat his insomnia during a 1997 tour, could be his answer for rest.

Jackson and Murray tried to recruit a Las Vegas anesthesiologist to join them on the tour in late March 2009, according to Dr. David Adams' video testimony shown to jurors last week.

"I just need you to help me get my rest," Adams said Jackson told him. "They were pretty vague, but on hindsight I know what they were talking about."

Murray, not Adams, eventually took the job.

Jackson was apparently still looking for a doctor to give him the propofol when Lee visited his home the morning of April 19, 2009.

"He wasn't quite himself," she testified. "He just seemed really stressed or something. He said at certain points he was under a lot of pressure to finish rehearsals and he said 'I've got to get my sleep so I can do this.'"

Jackson told Lee he wanted her help in getting propofol infusions instead of the vitamin cocktail IVs, she said. Lee didn't know about the drug, so she looked it up in her Physician's Desk Reference manual.

"I remember telling him that it wasn't something he wanted to use at home," she said. "It wasn't a safe medication. It was definitely not a medication for insomnia."

Lee's handwritten notes from that day described their conversation: "I went as far as to say I understand you want a good night sleep -- want to be 'knocked out' -- but what if you don't wake up," she wrote. "He said 'I'll be ok. I only need someone to monitor me with equipment while I sleep.'"

Jackson "kept telling me 'You don't understand, doctors are telling me it's safe just as long as I am being monitored,'" Lee testified.

It was then that Lee collapsed on the witness stand. "It's so unfair," she cried. "I am so sick."

As Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Yvette Palazuelos recessed court for the day and sent jurors out, AEG Live lawyer Sabrina Strong, who was sitting in the rear of the courtroom, ran to the witness stand to console the witness.

"That's not appropriate," Jackson lead lawyer Brian Panish protested. "Lawyers don't do that. It's not appropriate for lawyers to come out of the audience in front of the jury."

"Appropriate or not, it happened," Palazuelos said.

Panish argued that Strong was trying to "curry favor" with the jury by appearing compassionate. He demanded that the judge admonish her in front of the jury. The judge suggested he put his request in writing for her to consider.

Jackson's belief that propofol could help him sleep dated back to the late 1990s, according to another witness who testified Wednesday.

Dr. Catherine Quinn, a dentist who specializes in giving anesthesia during dental procedures, said Jackson asked her to infuse him with propofol in 1998.

"He told me that he has trouble sleeping," Quinn testified.

"I said that's inappropriate use of anesthesia," Quinn said. "He needs to speak with his physician about sleep aids. I told him that the sleep that you get with anesthesia is not real sleep, it's not restful sleep. He told me that it's the best sleep he ever had."

A drug addiction expert who testified Tuesday that Michael Jackson suffered a "quite extensive" drug addiction acknowledged Wednesday there was no evidence the singer used more painkillers than medically necessary.

The conclusion by Dr. Petros Levounis that Jackson was dependent on painkillers was not a revelation, considering Jackson himself announced it when he cut his "Dangerous" tour short to enter a rehab program in 1993.

"If he announced it to the world it's not very private, is it?" Jackson lawyer Michael Koskoff asked Levounis.

"At that moment, he was not secretive," Levounis replied.

Jackson's drugs of choice were opioids -- painkillers given to him by doctors repairing scalp injuries suffered in a fire and during cosmetic procedures to make him look younger, Levounis testified.
    Labeling Jackson an addict could tarnish the singer's image among jurors, but its relevance to AEG Live's liability is questionable. Opioids played no role in Jackson's death, according to the Los Angeles County coroner. The judge would not allow Levounis to testify if he thought Jackson was addicted to propofol.
    Levounis conceded he saw no evidence that Jackson used painkillers after he left rehab in 1993 until 2001 or between July 2003 and late 2008. He said it is not inconsistent for an addiction to go into remission.
    Under cross examination Wednesday morning, Levounis conceded that he never saw evidence that Jackson injected himself with narcotics, ever sought or used illegal drugs such as cocaine, meth or heroin, or abused drugs to produce euphoria or get high.

There was also no evidence Jackson used more painkillers than doctors prescribed, he said.

Jackson lawyers have never disputed the singer's drug dependence. In fact, they contend that AEG Live executives, including one who was Jackson's tour manager when he entered rehab, were negligent for paying a doctor $150,000 a month just to treat Jackson. The high salary created a conflict for the debt-ridden Murray, making it difficult for him to say no to Jackson's demands for drugs.

Paul Gongaware, the AEG Live co-CEO who was in charge of Jackson's 2009 "This Is It" tour, was also tour manager for his "Dangerous" tour in 1993. Levounis acknowledged in testimony Wednesday that there was evidence that Gongaware knew about Jackson's painkiller addiction 15 years before his death.

Levounis' testimony about the dangers of a doctor being too friendly with an addicted patient, which he said Murray was, could help the Jacksons' case.

"A very close friendship between an addicted patient and a doctor is problematic," Levounis testified. "It makes it much easier for a patient to ask for drugs and it makes it more difficult for a provider to resist."

The medical records of Murray's treatment of Jackson between 2006 and 2008 -- when the singer lived in Las Vegas -- showed no painkillers prescribed during seven visits. Murray's notes did show he treated Jackson's complaints of insomnia with a sedative in 2008.

Wednesday was the 76th day of testimony in the trial, which is expected to conclude near the end of September.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08…on-death-trial/?hpt=hp_t2

• Ivy ‏@Ivy_4MJ 2h
    AP : "Judge refused to allow KJ's lawyers to amend their lawsuit and add a negligence claim based on testimony presented during the trial."
    9:54 PM - 31 Aug 13

Quelle: MJJC - Eintrag #7961 - User: Ivy
    http://www.mjjcommunity.com/fo…ne-Jackson-vs-AEG/page531

and there we have it from AP

Outside the presence of the jury, the judge overseeing the case refused to allow lawyers for Jackson's mother to amend their lawsuit and add a negligence claim based on testimony presented during the trial.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertai…p-1.1435155#ixzz2dZutFTSe

• 2. September 2013

Trotz gegenteiliger Aussage ging es letzte Woche mit Zeugenaussagen doch weiter. Zunächst sagte Dr. Petros Levounis, ein Experte für Medikamentensucht, aus. Anschliessend die Krankenschwester Cherilyn Lee, die bereits im Strafprozess gegen Conrad Murray ausgesagt hatte, sowie Dr. Catherine Quinn, eine Zahnärztin.

AEG Live will bekanntlich die Geschworenen davon überzeugen, dass Michael Jacksons Suchtverhalten geheim und ihnen nicht bekannt war. Die Jackson Anwälte hatten jedoch nie bestritten, dass Michael Jackson ein Medikamtensuchtproblem hatte. Als Michael Jackson während der Dangerous Tour 1993 der Welt mitteilte, dass er unter Medikamentensucht leide und in Rehabilitation gehe, wäre das ja nicht sehr privat gewesen, nicht wahr, fragte Jackson Anwalt Dr. Levounis im Kreuzverhör. In dem Moment war er nicht verschwiegen, so Levounis. Michael Jackson als medikamentensüchtig darzustellen könnte seinem Image unter den Geschworenen zwar schaden, aber die Relevanz für AEG Live in Bezug auf deren mögliche Haftung ist fraglich, da Opiade (Schmerzmittel) im Rahmen von Michael Jacksons Tod gemäss gerichtsmedizinischem Bericht keine Rolle gespielt hatten. Wäre Dr. Levounis übrigens der Meinung gewesen, dass Michael Jackson süchtig nach Propfol gewesen war, hätte die Richterin ihn nicht aussagen lassen.

Dr. Levounis fand beim Studieren der Unterlagen keinen Beweis dafür, dass Michael Jackson nach Verlassen der Reha-Klinik 1993 bis 2001 bzw. zwischen Juli 2003 und Ende 2008 Schmerzmittel eingenommen hatte. Es komme oft vor, dass Suchtverhalten zwischendurch in Remission ginge, so Levounis.

Unter Kreuzverhör räumte Dr. Levounis ein, dass er keine Beweise dafür fand, dass Michael Jackson sich mit Beruhingungsmitteln injiziert hatte oder illegale Drogen wie Kokain, Meth oder Heroin genommen habe oder Medikamente dazu missbrauchte, um euphorisch oder high zu werden. Ebenfalls gab es keine Beweise dafür, dass Michael Jackson mehr Schmerzmittel zu sich genommen hatte, als die Ärzte ihm verschrieben hatten.

Wie bereits einschlägig bekannt war Paul Gongaware, co-CEO von AEG Live, während der Dangerous Tour als Tour Manager tätig. Dr. Levounis gestand entsprechend ein, dass es Beweise dafür gebe, dass Gongaware bereits 15 Jahre vor Michael Jacksons Tod von dessen Suchtverhalten in Bezug auf Schmerzmittel wusste.

Dr. Levounis sagte zudem aus, dass es gefährlich sei, wenn ein Arzt mit seinem medikamentensüchtigen Patienten zu freundlich wird, was bei Murray der Fall war — eine Aussage, die letztlich der Jackson Seite hilfreich sein könnte. “Eine sehr enge Freundschaft zwischen einem medikamentensüchtigen Patienten und einem Arzt ist problematisch. Es macht es für den Patienten einfacher nach Medikamenten zu fragen und es macht es dem Arzt schwieriger nicht nachzugeben”, so Dr. Levounis.

Als nächstes war die Krankenschwester Cherilyn Lee dran. Bevor Murray Michael Jackson Propofolinfusionen verabreichte, behandelte Lee Michaels Schlaflosigkeit mit einem intravenösen Vitamincocktail. Lee begann am 1. Februar 2009 mit ihrer Behandlung. “Ich war besorgt, dass [Michael Jackson] Red Bull trank”, so Lee. Während ihres ersten Treffens hatte er mehrere Dosen Red Bull getrunken. “Ich dachte mir, dass seine Müdigkeit damit zusammen hängte”, so Lee. Nachdem Lee Michael Jackson einen Monat lang mit dem Vitamincocktail behandelt hatte, fühlte er sich grossartig und sah gesünder aus, sagte Lee. Er kam aber noch immer nicht auf mehr als fünf Stunden Schlaf pro Nacht und mit den bevorstehenden intensiveren Proben für die Tour sagte Michael Jackson ihr, er brauche “etwas Kleines mehr”, so Lee. Als sie ihm vorschlug, er solle sich an einen Schlafexperten wenden, der sein Schlafverhalten bei Michael zu Hause studieren könne oder dass er weniger Licht oder Musik im Schlafzimmer haben sollte, war Michael nicht dafür offen.

Als Lee Michael Jackson am 19. April 2009 zu Hause besucht hatte, war er angeblich immer noch auf der Suche nach einem Arzt, der ihm Propofol verabreichen würde. “Er war nicht ganz er selbst. Er schien gestresst oder so. Er sagte, er sei unter grossem Druck, die Proben zum Abschluss zu bringen und er sagte ‘ich brauche meinen Schlaf, so dass ich das schaffe’”, so Lee. Michael Jackson, so Lee, habe sie gebeten, ihm bei Propofolinfusionen behilflich zu sein und ihn nicht mehr nur mit den Vitamincocktails zu versorgen. Da Lee Propofol nicht bekannt war, schaute sie nach, was dies für ein Medikament sei. “Ich erinnere mich, wie ich ihm sagte, dass dies nicht für den Heimgebrauch war… Es war definitiv kein Medikament, um Schlaflosigkeit zu behandeln”, so Lee. Lee las ihre handschriftlichen Notizen von jenem Tag dem Gericht vor: “Ich ging soweit zu sagen, ‘ich verstehe, dass Sie gut schlafen wollen — so richtig weg sein wollen — aber was, wenn Sie nicht mehr aufwachen’. Er sagte ‘Ich werde okay sein. Ich brauche nur jemanden, der mich mit der notwendigen medizinischen Ausrüstung überwacht, während ich schlafe’”. Michael Jackson habe ihr immer wieder gesagt, dass sie es nicht begreife und dass die Ärzte ihm gesagt hatten, dass es sicher sei, solange er überwacht werde. Im Anschluss an diese Aussage brach Lee im Zeugenstand zusammen und weinte: “Ich kann nicht mehr! Ich kann nicht mehr! Es ist so unfair. Mir ist so schlecht.” Die Richterin vertagte die Befragung. AEG Live Anwältin Sabrina Strong eilte zum Zeugenstand, um ihre Zeugin zu beruhigen. Als die Geschworenen draussen waren, wendete sich Jackson Anwalt Brian Panish an die Richterin und sagte, dass dieses Verhalten der Gegenanwältin unangebracht gewesen sei und darauf abzielte, den Geschworenen gegenüber als teilnahmsvoll zu erscheinen. “Angebracht oder unangebracht, es ist passiert”, so die Richterin. Panish verlangte, dass die Richterin die Gegenanwältin vor den Geschworenen rügen sollte. Die Richterin schlug vor, dass Panish seinen Antrag schriftlich einreichen solle und sie sich das dann anschauen werde.

Letzte Woche ebenfalls ausgesagt hatte Dr. Catherine Quinn, eine Zahnärztin, die sich auf die Verabreichung von Narkosemitteln während zahnärztlichen Behandlungen spezialisiert. Dr. Quinn sagte aus, dass Michael Jackson sie 1998 darum bat, ihm Propofol zu verabreichen. “Er sagte mir, dass er unter Schlafproblemen litt”, so Dr. Quinn. “Ich sagte ihm, dass es nicht angebracht sei, dies mittels eines Narkosemittels zu behandeln. Er solle mit seinem Hausarzt sprechen und ihn fragen, welche Schlafmittel er ihm empfehlen könne. Ich sagte ihm, dass der Schlaf, den er infolge eines Narkosemittels kriegt, kein richtiger Schlaf sei. Es sei kein erholsamer Schlaf. Er sagte mir, dass er nie besser geschlafen hätte [als unter Propofolbehandlung]“, so Dr. Quinn.

Quellen: jackson.ch, cnn.com

• After four months, Michael Jackson wrongful death case nears endhttp://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me…0,7515986.story
    Prozess geht nach 4 Monaten dem Ende zu
    September 5, 2013, 6:00 a.m.

After more than four months of testimony, the Michael Jackson wrongful death case could finally go to the jury later this month.
    Court clerk Neli Raya said she expects the case willl be handed to the jury in about 2 1/2 weeks.
    Gerichtsdienerin Neli Raya sagtn dass sie erwartet das der Fall in 2,5 Wochen der Jury übergeben wird.

Marvin Putnam, attorney for AEG Live, has said he expects to rest his case next Friday at the latest. Then each side could call rebuttal witnesses, and attorneys could argue over the instructions the judge will give the 12 jurors who have sat through the marathon.
    Marivn Putnam, AEG-Anwalt sagt das erwartet seinen Fall spätestens kommende Woche Freitag abzuschließen. Dann kann jede Seite ihre Rebuttal Zeugen aufrufen und Anwälte können über die Anweisungen an die 12 Jurymitlgieder diskutieren, die durch einen Marathon gingen.

While jurors have heard from financial experts, AEG executives, doctors and Jackson family members, none of the celebrities on the attorneys witness lists — Prince, Spike Lee, Quincy Jones and Diana Ross among them — have been called to testify.
    Während die Juroren von Finanzexperten, AEG-Executiven, Jackson-Familienmitgliedern hörten wurde keiner der Promis aufgerufen die auf den Zeugenlisten standen wie Prince, Spike Lee, Qunincy Jones, Diana Ross...

The case revolves around the question of who controlled Dr. Conrad Murray, the cardiologist who administered the fatal dose of the anesthetic propofol to Jackson at the singer’s rented Holmby Hills home on June 25, 2009.
    Jackson was preparing for a 50-concert comeback in London that was being promoted and produced by AEG. Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and is serving a jail sentence.
    The Jacksons say that AEG negligently hired and supervised Murray, while AEG says the singer hired him and that any money the entertainment firm was supposed to pay him was an advance.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!