• Einer der besten Songs und er fehlt hier?
    Das wollen wir mal korrigieren.

Michael Jackson - Escape (1999)
    (Michael Jackson, Rodney „Darkchild“ Jerkins, Fred Jerkins III, LaShawn Ameen Daniels, Harvey Jay Mason)

Prison guard intro
    Open up, 6
    He's gone!

Verse 1
    Everywhere I turn, no matter where I look
    The system’s in control, it's all run by the book
    I got to get away so I can free my mind,
    Escape is what I need,
    Away from electric eyes

No matter where I am, I see my face around
    They pin lies on my name, then push them town to town
    Don't have a place to run, but there's no need to hide,
    I got to find a place,
    But I won't hide away

Chorus
    Escape, got to get away from the system rules in the world today
    Escape, the pressure that I face from relationships has to go away
    Escape, the man with the pen that writes the lies, that has no end
    Escape, I do what I wanna cause I gotta please nobody but me

Girl Interlude
    Sometimes I feel like
    I've gotta get away

Verse 2
    I tried to share my life with someone I could love
    But games and money is all she ever thought of
    How could that be my fault when she gambled and lost?
    I'm tired of silly games,
    It's time to make a change

Why is it I can't do whatever I want to? (oh)
    When it’s my personal life and I don't live for you (you)
    So don't you try to tell me what is right for me (don't you try it)
    You be concerned about you,
    I can do what I want to

Chorus
    Escape, (hoo-hoo) (I gotta, hoh-hoh) got to get away from the system rules in the world today (I've got to get away)
    Escape, the pressure that I face from relationships has to go away (don't you know I need it?)
    Escape, the man with the pen that writes the lies, that has no end (I've got to get away)
    Escape, I do what I wanna cause I gotta please nobody but me (get away)

Escape, (don't you try it) got to get away from the system rules in the world today (escape)
    Escape, the pressure that I face from relationships has to go away (pressure that I'm facing every day)
    Escape, (hoo-hoo) the man with the pen that writes the lies, that has no end (come on, now)
    Escape, (come on, now) I do what I wanna cause I gotta please nobody but me (hooooo... hoo-hoo)

Bridge
    (When...) When I (hohohooh) (...I go) go, this problem world won't bother me
    (This problem world) This problem world
    (will worry me no more) won't worry me
    (yeah, oh, yeah)
    (hoo)

Escape
    Escape
    Escape
    Escape

Chorus out
    Escape, got to get away from the system rules in the world today (I will fly away)
    Escape, the pressure that I face from relationships has to go away (the pressure that I'm facing)
    Escape, the man with the pen that writes the lies, that has no end (writes a pot of lies)
    Escape, I do what I wanna cause I gotta please nobody but me (Escaping cuz I'll do just what I wanna)

Escape, got to get away from the system rules in the world today (hoo-hoo, hoo-hoo) (get away)
    Escape, (hoo-hoo) the pressure that I face from relationships has to go away (I gotta get away) (hooo-hooo-hooo) (yeah, yeah)
    Escape, the man with the pen that writes the lies, that has no end (the man that got away, yeah)
    Escape, I do what I wanna cause I gotta please nobody but me (hoo) (hoo)
    (I do just what I got to please my mother)

Escape, got to get away (please my mother) (I've got to get away)
    Escape, the pressure that I face (take it no more)
    Escape, the man with the pen (I can't take this kind of shit no more) (you just keep on lyin')
    Escape, ('cause you're a liar) I do what I wanna cause I gotta please nobody but me (hoo-hoo)
    Escape (aow!)

Prisoners Interlude
    Sometimes you just wanna escape (Sometimes you just wanna escape)
    (Get outta here) Gotta get outta here!

(Aaaaah!) Escape, got to get away
    (You want me? Come and get me)
    Escape, the pressure that I face
    Escape, the man with the pen (get away)
    Escape, I do what I wanna (hee-hee)
    (hee-hee-hee) I do what I wanna cause I gotta please nobody but me (hee-hee-hee)

(Do what I wanna)
    (hee-hee-hee)
    (Hoo) Escape

• Kleinere Korrekturen - dank dem Booklet.

Allerdings bin ich mir sicher, dass es "gotta please nobody but me" heißen muss, das "please" höre ich sehr deutlich an der jeweiligen Stelle.
    Wer stimmt mir zu? Hört jemand eindeutig "face"???

• Kleinere Korrekturen - dank dem Booklet.

Allerdings bin ich mir sicher, dass es "gotta please nobody but me" heißen muss, das "please" höre ich sehr deutlich an der jeweiligen Stelle.
    Wer stimmt mir zu? Hört jemand eindeutig "face"???

Ich höre auch "please". :ja

• Ich höre eindeutig face... Michael hatte ja so eine eigene Art der Aussprache - wenn er face sang (vor allem, wenn er agressiv sang), klang der "eh" Vocal fast schon nach "ih". Er singt hier definitiv face. Vergleicht mal
    "The pressure that I face..." und "I gotta face nobody but me..." Das ist ziemlich eindeutig beide male "face".

• Ja, aus children machte er auch gern mal sowas wie chewdrin :kicher Formell heißt er jetzt Xscape, ja, aber zu Michaels Lebzeiten wurde er als Escape registriert. Bin mir sicher, dass das und auch das unsägliche Blue Gangsta auf die Leaks zurückgeht. Aber was soll's. Schlacht verloren, weiterzieh'n.

• Liebe "face"-statt-"please"-hörenden Leute (inklusive "Been Told"):

Bei dem 2014er Mix von Rodney Jerkins hört man die Ad-Libs mehr besser, da sie mehr im Vordergrund abgemischt sind.
    Hört mal bei genau hin bei 3:26 / 3:27. Da hört man sehr deutlich "please my mother".
    Dann geht kurz zurück zu 3:23 - 3:25, dort werdet ihr Folgendes vernehmen: "I do just what I got to please my mother".
    Das spätere Ad-Lib bei 3:26 / 3:27 wiederholt letzten Teil.

Da Michael seine Mutter - wie allgemein bekannt - stets zufrieden stellen wollte ("please"), und man es hier ganz deutlich raushören kann, zudem "face" in diesem Kontext keinen Sinn ergibt ["Ich tue nur, was ich tun muss um ... meiner Mutter gegenüberzutreten ("face my mother")??? <-- eben, "face" passt hier absolut nicht, neeee, er will sie ja zufrieden stellen, ergo "um meine Mutter zufrieden zu stellen(!!!)" ("please my mother")] plus die Tatsache, dass dieses "please" identisch gesungen wird - bitte mal genau hinhören - mit dem "please" in "I gotta please nobody but me", erkläre ich es hiermit für verboten, andere Behauptungen aufzustellen.

Memo an mich: Been Told ist lebenslanges Hausverbot bei Zuwiderhandlung durch Kraehe zu geben.
    Memo #2 an mich: Been Told ist immer noch Admin und könnte mich wegen dieser Dreistigkeit bannen.
    Memo #3 an mich: Ich rechne mit genügend Verständnis für ein bisschen angemessenen Sarkasmus.
    Memo #4 an mich: Von allen MJ-Songs haben mich diese Lyrics am meisten fasziniert... und das seit dem Leak vor... fast 12 Jahren, alter Schwede!

So, musste mal gesagt werden. :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!