Album / Management / Plattenfirma / Collabos / NEWS - [ KEINE DISKUSSIONEN! ]

• Michael Jackson planz Comeback mit einen DJ

BAHRAIN - Michael Jackson scheint ein unverbesserlicher Optimist zu sein. Noch immer träumt der ehemalige King Of Pop von einem Comeback. Diesmal soll ihm ein DJ dabei behilflich sein.

Wie das Magazin "Rolling Stone" berichtet, arbeitet Jacko mit dem in Bahrain als "Underground-Mixer" mehr oder weniger bekannten DJ Whoo Kid zusammen. Ende 2007 soll die gemeinsame Platte bei dem Label des Bahrainer Scheichs Abdulla Hamad Al-Khalifa erscheinen, heißt es. Der nämlich soll den Sänger mittlerweile unter Vertrag genommen haben. Weitere Einzelheiten sind nicht bekannt.

Immer wieder werden Gerüchte zu Michael Jacksons angeblich geplantem Comeback laut. Zuletzt hieß es, der Sänger habe einen neuen Manager engagiert: Guy Holmes, der zuvor mit "Crazy Frog" und dem Hitsong "Axel F" die Charts stürmte.

Zuvor wurde berichtet, Michael Jackson wolle mit 50 Cent und "Westlife" zusammen arbeiten.

Quelle: www.chart-king.de

Als ob das was ganz neues sei :spinnen :D ;D

• http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/9099

SOHH Exclusive: Lucy Diamonds

Friday - June 2, 2006 by Janeé Bolden

In late April several news outlets released a report that Michael Jackson and 50 Cent had plans to collaborate on a song "Now That I Found Love" with rap newcomer Lucy Diamonds.

It turns out the buzz was just a rumor, but Lucy sat down with SOHH exclusively to talk about the rumors as well as her much anticipated arrival as a white female emcee.

According to reports DJ Whoo Kid met up with Michael Jackson at a dinner in Bahrain. The encounter was closely followed by a press release (which turned out to be a hoax) announcing an impending collaboration between 50, MJ and Lucy Diamonds on Lucy's currently unreleased song "Now That I Found Love."

"It was kinda weird because I didn't even hear about it until after it hit Rolling Stone," Lucy told SOHH exclusively. "MTV hit my camp asking about what was going on with it. Next thing I know I see John Norris on MTV talking about the whole thing. It's not true, and I just want to say that 'Now That I Found Love' is my song. Not Michael Jackson's and not 50's, so if anybody on G-Unit is trying to do it, they can't."

"50 is savvy," Lucy continued, explaining her concern for her song. "If 50 sees an opportunity for press, he's going to take it. He needs to be concerned about the horrible fails of everybody on that label. Mobb Deep, Tony Yayo... and now Mase is on God's bad side. I almost feel sorry for 50 right now."a

Asked whether she was worried her comments might raise the ire of G-Unit's general Lucy responded: "It seems like everybody in the industry is on 50's bad side, outside of the people on his label. He can add me to the list. It doesn't phase me."

The 21-year-old from Houston, TX is currently focused on the release of her debut album Poor Dream Redemption, a title she took from one of her poems (she's also currently penning a poetry collection called The Other Side of Something)...

• Teddy Riley talks about Michael on Hot 92.3 in Los Angeles

I got this from Yaazgurl from the KOP. You can put it in the news section for today when someone makes the thread But Yaazgurl heard Teddy Riley on Hot 92.3 in Los Angeles a couple of days ago, and here is what was said:

"He said a little blurb about Michael. They asked him how MJ was and they said he's one celebrity that has taken a beating by the media. Teddy said, yeah, but MJ is recovering and in "heaven". He said MJ is recording music. It wasn't clear if he was working on any of the tracks. They then asked him about a song he recorded which he said was originally written for Michael but Michael didn't take it. I can't remember the song's title. It sounded like something MJ would record so no idea why he didn't take it. It was a slow ballad. I think it was called Joy or somethign like that The station was Hot 92.3 in L.A.

Oh, I think they joked about the Katrina song too and said, what is he waiting for, the next hurricane season It was all in good fun though. I think its good MJ is taking a breather because if/when he comes back, people will be sure to pay attention."

Source: MJJF

• MJ to feature on Nas track?, According to leaked tracklist of new Nas LP.

Nothing has been confirmed officially, but according to tracklistings of Nas' new LP HIP HOP IS DEAD posted on the internet, Michael Jackson will appear on the album.

Whether this info is true I don't know, but it would certainly be interesting to see Michael Jackson collaborate with who is in my opinion the greatest rapper in the world. This would be alot better than the supposed G unit thing which of course turned out to be a hoax. This is proper hip hop.

Until this is confirmed officially though, I'm not holding my breath as to whether it is even true! From the tracklisting released it seems Nas has taken a more commerical approach than recent work, so it's plausible MJ could appear - either guest vocals or sampled vocals from an old track perhaps.

The wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip-Hop_Is_Dead

• "It has the head nod and that rocka bump," says Nas' co-manager Mark Pitts, who also confirms that Nas has been in touch with Michael Jackson in hopes of recording with him. "It's gonna show Nas' potential to cross over from hip-hop to pop," says Pitts.
    -----------------------------

" can reply to this as I sent it over to Raymone a few days ago.
    She said it was a nice article, but it was not true."

Source: MJDANCER123, MJJF

• L. Londell McMillan - Michaels Neuer Anwalt

Bei den organisatorischen Veränderungen von Michael Jackson, die am 27. Juni 2006 verkündet wurden, tauchte ein neuer Anwalt auf, der sich nun um die geschäftlichen Angelegenheiten als Anwalt von Michael Jackson kümmert. Wir möchten diesen Mann nun vorstellen.

Als Kind wuchs Londell McMillan in Bedford-Stuyvesant auf. Damals schaute er zu Malcolm X und Frederick Douglass auf. Er studierte Jura an der Universität von New York, er wollte Anwalt für Zivilrecht werden. Aber er hat auch für Gleichwertigkeit in der Geschäftswelt mit seiner menschenfreundlichen Zielsetzung gearbeitet.

“Erfolg im Geschäft ist das zivilrechliche Gebot des neuen Jahrtausends", so McMillan.

Auf der Universität von New York hat er die Konferenz für Minderheiten ins Leben gerufen, eine nicht profit orientierte Gruppe, die sich für die Bestärkung der Vielfalt in Rechtsfirmen bemüht. Er wurde der erste schwarze Anwalt bei der Firma "Gold Farrell Marks" im Jahre 1993, die Unterhaltungsfirmen vertritt. Zuvor war er bei der Firma "LeBoeuf Lamb Greene & MacRaeHe" und hat sich schon bald in die obere Liga befördert.

1996, da war er noch ein Angestellter, wurde er von Prince beauftragt, ihn aus einen Langzeitvertrag mit Warner Bros. zu befreien. Der Fall wurde gewonnen und der damals 30-jährige McMillan stand plötzlich im Rampenlicht und bekam den Auftrieb, um eine eigene Firma zu gründen.

Seine Firma hat 20 Angestellte, die Persönlichkeiten wie Stevie Wonder, D’Angelo, Faith Evans, Spike Lee, Lil Kim, Wesley Snipes und jetzt auch Michael Jackson vertreten. In den letzten Jahren hat er mehr als US-$ 400 Millionen an Umsätzen gemacht. Ein neues Los Angeles Büro war in Filmen, im Fernsehen und im Internet zu sehen, wobei McMillan dafür als Produktionsleiter an Projekten mit Snipes und Lee arbeitete.

Eine andere von ihm gegründete Firma, "NorthStar Business Enterprises", möchte Verbindungen zwischen schwarzen Unternehmern und etablierten Unternehmen knüpfen, solche wie zum Beispiel die Zusammenarbiet zwischen FUBU Records und Universal. Er wird eventuell auch daran interessiert sein, andere Firmen zu kaufen und wiederzuverkaufen. Damit würde er in die Fußstapfen von Reginald Lewis und Ron Perelman treten. McMillan möchte wie sein Vorbild Malcolm X handeln.

Quelle: JAM-FC

• L.A. Reid Mentioned Michael On BET

Hey Everyone,

L.A. Reid just did an interview with BET and he mentioned Michael. This is how it went: (not quote...paraphrasing)

Q: So, not only are you known for making huge careers, but also turning around big careers; it it's Santana or Mariah Carey. I'm going to give you the ultimate comeback: Michael Jackson. How would you turn around his career?

A: My man, Michael Jackson. Well, first I would get him to tour the world in theaters. Do a very intimate performance. Get people to reconnect and feel his magic. Then I would have him make a new album. A very soulful album not a pop album, a soulful album.

Q: Why a soulful album and not a pop album?

A: He needs to emotionally re-connect with the world. Then I would make sure the world is starving for this album; then launch single after single after single. And then comes the music videos.

Q: Would you change his name or look?

A: No. Michael's brand is a huge selling brand. This man is FAMOUS! Anywhere in the world and he is famous. His brand is too big to mess with. So whoever is producing Michael's new album; I just gave you the blueprint.

• Source: BET'S Show "Meet The Faith"

Sunday May 21st 2006

Hey guys, L.A. Reid was on BET'S show "Meet The Faith". Basically he started talking about how he's happy that he is still in the music business, but he's still looking for that musican to "change the world". He named The Beatles, Bob Marley, and Michael Jackson as acts that has changed the world.

Then the host Carlos Watson asked L.A. what would he do to help MJ's career. L.A. suggested that MJ not make a Pop album, make a Soulful album so that he could emotionally connect with the audience again. He also suggested that MJ do a small intimate tour and to stay far away from big time interviews. But all and all he was pretty positive.

http://www.mjjforum.com/forums/index.php?s...entions+Michael

http://www.bet.com/News/carloswatson.htm?w...tionUnpublished

• Frank Dileo answers MJ fans questions "very cool"

on joe jackson boot camp fans could ask Frank Dileo questions about MJ. i changed the names of people askin the questions to "fan". here is only a few that were asked.

http://www.hiphopbootcamp.com/ask_start_qu..._view.php?id=14

Question: hope this isn't a repeater -- but what music does Michael listen to most often? i've read the history of his influences, i'm interested in who he likes to listen to the most today. Does he listen to his own music? what does he like most of his own work? sorry if that is too many. thanx!
    Answer: He listened to a wide variety of music, but If my memory serves me right, back at that time it was a classic called Green Sleeves. Ill try to answer more of your questions in the next set! Great questions by the way.

Question: What was the biggest/most elaborate prank Michael has ever played on you?
    Answer: While looking out a window when we were in Washington, DC.. Michael reached into my pockets and through all my cash right out the window! It amounted to close to $5,000.00 in $50\'s and $100\'s!!! There are lots more.

Question: Mr Dileo, how would you describe you describe your relationship to Michael Jackson as it is today and do you ever see yourself working together again??
    Answer: My relationship with Michael is very good, very friendly. Even though when we were together in Santa Maria, it was not the best of times to be sure, and the most stressful of times, Michael and I really enjoyed seeing and being with each other. It was almost as time stood still.

Question: Would you consider working with Michael Jackson again, if yes, where would you start? My second question is, would you like to be a judge on Hip Hop Boot Camp? p.s - The MJ fans love you!!!!
    Answer: Yes T, if he asked me! I think I would start at the beginning, meaning, make sure he is in the best physical condition he can be in. Then, I would launch a tour. A limited tour. My reasons for doing the tour are not solely $ oriented. I feel that once Michael feels the love and the positive energy from the fans, that only Michael\'s fans have on a live tour, it would rejuvenate him, it would bring the positive back and let him write and produce and perform as only Michael Jackson can. The rest would all fall into place. I really enjoyed your question. As far as being a judge on Joe Jackson Hip Hop Bootcamp? I always want to keep my options open, if they ask. ps..I love you all too!

Question: I saw you at the "Scams R' Us" of a trial a few times supporting Michael. Do you see yourself working with Michael again in the future?
    Answer: Once again, only Michael can make that decision. If he calls, I am there.

Question: Is Michael Jackson's voice really as naturally deep as they say?
    Answer: His speaking voice is normal.

Question: Do you think you will ever become michaels manager again and do u know if michael is planning a new tour.
    Answer: The decision is not mine to make. Michael is the only one that can make that call. No, I do not know what his touring plans are.

Question: Ok i know you have been with Mike through out the mid 80s up until the late 80s when Mike was doing the BAD TOUR and my question is to do with the BAD TOUR i just love it to death and i would really appreciate it if you would tell me about it. I wanted to know if Mike had his own camera crew film every single one of those bad tour concerts and if u think he will ever in life release an official dvd for a BAD TOUR concert or a Victory tour concertdvd i would really like to see it happen but i wanna know if MIke ever mentioned anything about a bad or victory concert release when ever u were with him cuz i know u have spent quite some time with him i think its really cool.
    Answer: Yes, he did have his own crew. He never discussed releasing them when I was with him. There is not enough room on the page to share all the exciting and wonderful things from the Bad Tour. Maybe someday I will jot some down.

Question: hi Frank I just wanted to ask you if you know whether Michael plans on making another album??
    Answer: I certainly hope that he does. A talent like Michael\'s should not be silent.

Question: What is michael like in person??
    Answer: Michael is one of the nicest people I know. He only looks for the good in people. He is very charming, and has a wonderful sense of humor. He is a very kind and gentle man. He is a sponge for knowledge. Michael is a perfectionist and will not quit until its right in his eyes. He can also be tough, but he is always fair in my opinion.

Question: Hi Frank I heard a story about you and Michael Jackson during his bad tour. It was about you going on a diet and sticking with it to lose weight and one night you were going to break that diet and have some pasta but Michael ruined it for you by stepping on it lol. Is this true? and if it is, could you tell us more about this story? Thanks.
    Answer: Yes, its true. Needless to say I was disappointed about my pasta, and still very hungry. Michael was always pulling pranks like that when we were touring. Its one of the things I loved and love about him. We had so much fun together. PS. During that time I weighed between 240lbs and 260lbs. Im now 192 and feeling great. I guess I finally stuck with it.

Question: hi, what was it like to work with mj?
    Answer: It was an honor and a great experience. To be honest with you, it never felt like it was work. Michael is such a talented individual, he made it seem so easy. That\'s not to say we didn\'t work hard.. we did.. VERY hard, but we had fun too.

Question: Hi Mr Dileo, Would you become Michaels manager again if he asked you to? Dawn
    Answer: The answer to that is YES. If Michael asked me to, I would be there.

• TIMBALAND: 'JACKSON NEEDS TO WORK WITH QUINCY AGAIN'

Timbaland Urges Michael To Work With Quincy

Super producer Timbaland is urging Michael Jackson to work with Quincy Jones again if he wants to regain his crown as the King Of Pop. The troubled superstar's career has fallen on hard times following accusations of child molestation, but Timbaland is convinced he can recapture the magic by reteaming with Thriller producer Jones. He says, "Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson - that was a beautiful marriage. And they shoulda stayed married: Michael lost it after he left Quincy. He coulda got it back. Still could!"
    08/08/2006

Source: Contact Music, MJJF

'I'm up here. Everyone else is down there'

By Angus Batey - Tuesday August 8, 2006 - The Guardian

He is the powerhouse producer behind some of the biggest acts around. Will Timbaland's new collaborations with Björk and Chris Martin push him higher? [...]

"Good production is like a beautiful marriage," the bachelor says. "It makes a happy home. Think about it: Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson - that was a beautiful marriage. And they shoulda stayed married: Michael lost it after he left Quincy. He coulda got it back. Still could! Michael needs to do what I'm doin' with Justin right now." [...]

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/story/0,,1839486,00.html

• Kanye West: 'Gold Digger' Writer Digs Him

Thursday , August 31, 2006
    By Roger Friedman

[...]

He was one of the few actual hip-hop writers in the room. The others were Pharrell Williams and Rodney Jerkins.
    I’m not even sure they won any awards, but Pharrell was wearing an all-fire engine red outfit — T-shirt, baseball cap — and sported about $8 million worth of bling around his slight neck.

Jerkins, on the other hand, was mostly jewelry free. A regular Michael Jackson contributor in recent years, Rodney told me that Jackson’s called him about working on an album but it’s not happening yet.
    “Anyway, he’s got to listen to me if we do it. He’s got to have a complete makeover first, change his whole image.”
    And come back to New York. “I don’t want to make an album in Bahrain,” he laughed. Who could blame him?

And what of Mariah? They gave her special crystal awards — none of that cardboard stuff — for several of her hits from last year, plus a few she didn’t pick up in years past.
    “I’m sorry I didn’t come here in ’92 and ’98,” she said, recalling her Big Diva years with Tommy Mottola. “I wasn’t really hanging out then,” she said wistfully, that whole period seeming like a distant — and maybe upsetting — dream.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,211533,00.html

• Today: Director John Landis talks about Michael in 60 Seconds

60 SECONDS: John Landis

John Landis started out by working in the 20th Century Fox mailroom but we know him for directing The Blues Brothers, Animal House, An American Werewolf In London and Trading Places, as well as the videos for Michael Jackson's hits Black Or White and Thriller. He was recently the creative consultant on Universal 360 - A Cinesphere Spectacular, a nightly show about the history of films at Universal Studios, Florida.

Is Thriller the greatest video of all time?

I don't think there is a greatest video of all time. I find those titles kind of silly. I thought it was absurd when the British Film Institute started doing 'ten best' lists. How do you compare Disney's Pinocchio, which we all agree is a great film, and Orson Welles's Touch Of Evil? What the hell do they have in common? Nothing - they're both great films.

How much of the idea for Thriller was yours?

All of it. I wrote it but Michael inspired it. He had seen An American Werewolf In London. He called me up and said that he wanted to turn into a monster. He really did - he was fascinated by metamorphosis.

There's a subtext there.

What can I say?

Are you still in touch with Michael?

I talked to him about a month ago. He was in Bahrain or some bizarre place. It was a business thing we had to talk about. Michael is a genius. He's obviously eccentric but he really has a great talent. I'm not one to judge him.

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/interviews/art...p;in_page_id=11

• JACKSON TO REUNITE WITH LANDIS

Pop superstar MICHAEL JACKSON is in reunion talks with film-maker JOHN LANDIS to direct his comeback video. The 48-year-old famously worked with THE BLUES BROTHERS director Landis on the famous promos for his hits THRILLER and BLACK OR WHITE. And Jackson, who was acquitted of child molestation charges last year (05), is hoping Landis' magic touch will make his return from the wilderness a success. Landis says, "I talked to him last month. He was in Bahrain or some bizarre place. It was a business thing we had to talk about. "Michael is a genius. He's obviously an eccentric but he really has a great talent."

Source: contactmusic.com

• "Michael Jackson is making a musical come back, all thanks to his UK record label. My moles reveal, 'he wants to work with super producer Trevor Horn on his comeback album. He loves his stuff and thinks he has the magic to put him back on top.'"

Thursday, August 31, 2006

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/greenroom/arti...p;in_page_id=12

Hier ein paar Infos zu Trevor Horn:

Mit seiner damaligen Band Buggles war er verantwortlich für den Welthit "Video Killed The Radiostar". Des Weiteren produzierte er unter anderem schon für:

Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Genesis, Mike Oldfield, Paul McCartney, Pet Shop Boys, Rod Stewart, Seal, Simple Minds, Tatu, Tina Turner und viele mehr.

Quelle: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Horn

Wir werden sehen ob es nur ein weiteres Gerücht ist oder mehr. Es wäre euaf jedenfall eine interessante Mischung und würde einen anderen Musikstil versprechen.

• Wiedervereinigung Mit John Landis Geplant

Michael Jackson ist in Gesprächen mit Filmmacher John Landis, um sein Comeback-Video vorzubereiten.

Michael arbeitete mit dem THE BLUES BROTHERS Regisseur an den berühmten Promos zu den Videos THRILLER und BLACK OR WHITE.

Landis sagt: "Letzten Monat sprach ich mit ihm. Er war in Bahrain oder an einen anderen Ort. Es war geschäftlich, worüber wir uns unterhielten. Michael ist ein Genie. Er ist offensichtlich exzentrisch, aberer hat ein wirklich großes Talent."

Quelle: JAM-FC & PR-Inside

• Jackson wants ‘Thriller’ reunion for comeback album

Washington, Sept 2: Michael Jackson is hoping that a reunion with his ‘Thriller’ and ‘Black or White’ video director John Landis will prove to be lucky for a third time, by helping his comeback album a roaring success.

Landis revealed that he had got a call about a possible reunion from the former king of pop in August, and that talks were on.

"I talked to him last month. He was in Bahrain or some bizarre place. It was a business thing we had to talk about," Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.

And though he finds Jackson an ‘eccentric’, Landis also believes that if there is one person who is a genius, it is the ‘Heal the World’ singer.

"Michael is a genius. He's obviously an eccentric but he really has a great talent," he added.

Jackson has been staying in Bahrain ever since he was acquitted of child molestation charges in 2005, but is planning to stage a comeback in the music biz soon. (ANI)

http://news.sawf.org/Entertainment/19831.aspx

• Producer Rodney Jerkins talks about how he'd makeover Michael Jackson.

Janet Jackson opens up about the rumors that she has a daughter by ex-husband James DeBarge and BV Buzz has the details.

Sept. 18, 2006
    By Jawn Murray, AOL Black Voices Columnist
    [...]
    Though Jerkins has worked with everyone from Whitney Houston to Michael Jackson and Madonna, he told me that he'd still love to make music with Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson. The 29-year-old talent said he would also enjoy overseeing Michael Jackson's comeback project. "Only if he listens to me. I'm not talking about music, I'm talking about everything. If he said, 'Rodney just take my career,'" he offered.

And what type of transformation would he work on M.J.? "First thing I'd do is take the high-waters off. Get rid of the white socks. Get him in some jeans. He could still be fly with the jackets and the things right here (points to his shoulders), but it would just be the fly way of doing it. He don't have to be so glittery. His hair, he needs a nice cut. There's only but so much you can do with him, but it's just to make him more current," he answered, before adding, "I could do it for Mase too!"

In Control

As part of the media set-up for her forthcoming album, '20 Yo,' Janet Jackson has graced the covers of FHM, Us Weekly, Vibe, W Magazine and Ebony. If that wasn't enough, Jackson is now featured on the October/November cover of the newly revamped Giant magazine.

In the revealing interview with writer Scott Poulson-Bryant, Jackson talks candidly about the speculation that she had a daughter by ex-husband James DeBarge that she hid from the public. "It upsets me people just seem to want me to have this baby that I've never told anyone about. But I think James's mother believes there's a baby, as well. Him and I have actually talked about it. He said to me that his mother had mentioned it to him so much, he had to ask me about it! Like, 'You wouldn't do that, would you?' And I had to tell him, if I'd had a baby, he would know. I would never keep a child from her father," Jackson said.

Jackson also lets loose about her brother, Michael Jackson ("He thought my butt was too big. Maybe he wasn't completely happy with himself, so he put it on me?"); her father, Joe Jackson ("I never really wanted to sing. I wanted to go to college and study business law and just be an actress and support my way through school doing that. But my father always said you can make more money as a singer."); and her low self-esteem ("For a long time, I had a difficult time finding things I liked about myself physically. I never used to look in the mirror... 'cause I didn't really like what I saw.").

http://blackvoices.aol.com/black_entertain...918150809990001

(Übersetzung Bina2300, Malibu):
    Und welche Art der Veränderung würde er für M.J. vorschlagen? "Die erste Sache, die ich ändern würde, sind seine Hochwasserhosen. Weg von den weißen Socken. Steck ihn in ein Paar Jeans. Er kann ja immer noch mit seinen Jacken rumlaufen mit diesen Verzierungen an den Schulter, aber es muss ja nicht immer so glitzern. Seine Haare, er braucht einen netten Schnitt. Das sind nur ein paar Dinge, die man ändern kann. Man kann so vieles an ihm ändern, nur damit er etwas mehr angesagt ist," antwortet er, bevor er noch hinzufügt: "Ich könnte das Gleiche auch für Mase tun!"

http://12563.rapidforum.com/topic=100174134706

• DJ Whoo Kid Shouts Out to Michael!, On the official BET Awards 2006 mixtape

Just listening to DJ Whoo Kid's exclusive 2006 BET Awards Mixtape, (more info below), and happened to skip over to track 20, on which Whoo Kid presents Janet's single "Call On Me."

If any of you are familiar with mixtapes and Whoo Kid's work, it's customary for the DJ to overdub select sound effects or voiceovers at various points in the song. These tend to enhance the immediacy of the song, rather than detracting from its flow.

Imagine my surprise when at 1:10 into the song, I suddenly hear "Shout out!....to Michael Jackson!"

It's a small thing, but it's always nice to hear someone offering some respect to the King of Pop. Especially someone who's part of one of hip-hop's most popular groups today, and on a mixtape that was handed out to the media and to celebrities that attended the BET Awards.

"BET and DJ Whoo Kid have partnered up to create the "2006 BET Awards Mixtape."

The mixtape, which will be handed out to press and attendees at the BET Awards in Los Angeles tonight (June 27) , will feature new music from 50 Cent , Lloyd Banks , Jay-Z , Mary J Blige , Kanye West and Alicia Keys.

BET Executive Stephen Hill and on air personalities Big Tigger, Julissa, Mad Linx and Melissa Ford all provide skits and drops on the mixtape. "The 2006 BET Awards Mixtape" will be packaged as a double disc along with the Lloyd Banks mixtape "Mo Money in the Bank Pt. 4" which was recently released.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/9277/1

The 6th Annual BET Awards

This DJ Whoo Kid mixtape is the official 2006 BET Awards mixtape, with more than 5,000 handed out to select attendees. If you weren't on the red carpet at the BET Awards, you will have to cop this one to check it.

Fans will also hear drops and skits from BET personalities Big Tigger, Julissa, Mad Linx, the very sexy Melissa Ford - who gets really crazy on the mic - and even the venerable Mr. Stephen Hill, senior VP of Music Programming.

This is the 2nd BET Awards mixtape for Whoo Kid, with all-new music featuring 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Boyz N Da Hood, Beyonce, Ciara & Chamillionaire, Mary J Blige, Mase, Peedi Crakk, Consequence and more.

http://www.mixunit.com/betawards2006.html

----------------

(Anm.: Hmmm, sollte Michael nicht auch ursprünglich auf diesem neuen Mixtape sein? war dann wohl auch nichts...)

• Michael Jackson: Leading the New Jack Swing revival?

The pop megastar working with Teddy Riley

Michael Jackson: Leading the New Jack Swing revival?

Michael Jackson has parted ways with new record label Two Seas and collaborated with U.S. producer Teddy Riley, Sound Generator can report.

Despite signing a new album deal with the newly established, Bahrain-based label, founded by Gut Records chairman Guy Holmes and Prince Abdulla Hamad Alkhalifa, Jackson is said to distanced himself from the organisation after a row with Holmes.

Jackson's publicist, Raymone Bain, confirmed the stat had "cut all ties" with Holmes, while also confirming the formation of a new holding company for his business interests - the Michael Jackson Company, Inc., which will act as a publishing and recording label for his 2007 album release.

Taking over the role of the now defunct MJJ Productions, the company will be charged with restructuring Jackson's personal and business affairs.

Moving onto the Teddy Riley situation, with an announcement coming this month that Riley was involved in producing the entirety of Jackson's comeback set, which is still reportedly on course for a 2007 release. In a statement at the beginning of the year, Riley revealed he was spearheading a New Jack Swing revival - a musical style he had helped pioneer in the mid-1990's with BLACKstreet and SWV. Most of the acts involved are set to release new music next year under Riley's guise, with a big tour also planned.

More on this story when we have it.

By: News Desk

http://www.soundgenerator.com/news/showart...FTOKEN=87741281

• Excerpt from an interview done 9/19/2006:

Any plans for the Jackson family to do an album together or for you and Michael to do another song.

No plans, even though Michael owes me, that was our deal. I would do a song on his album, and he would do one on mine, so he owes me one. So, no plans for the family to get together or anything like that. I know my brothers are working on an album, but as a family unit, no plans on that or anything right now.

Are you upset that Michael hasn’t lived up to the deal yet?

Nope, I’m not mad. He knows I’m not going to pressure him, that’s why it hasn’t happened.

So, basically, if you make that phone call he’d be in the studio?

Well he, if I really made him stick to his contract, yes. Contractually, yes! But he knows me. I wouldn’t do anything like that, so no plans as of right now.

More here: http://www.bet.com/Music/janetjacksononeon...tionUnpublished

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!