Posts by danceoflife

.. wer mal nach Tokyo kommt ..

The Michael Jackson shop in Shibuya...

SuYrYpS.jpg

0hpLjdt.jpg

IhRxnof.jpg

YwWMbpA.jpg

RAA7R99.jpg

Michael's handprint at Tower Records Shibuya...

SjnaThm.jpg

Zpl60Vt.jpg

2FUCaHb.jpg

OY4cMsE.jpg

And the Michael section on the same floor of Tower...

WJ4MBJZ.jpg
    Qu7DKSm.jpg

Small unit in a shopping market selling only MJ merch and artefacts...

LPg3xng.jpg

Couple of other things I've remembered too. A small shop in Harajuku had a display of all little MJ models in their shop, they weren't for sale and there were signs saying not to take pictures.

Also in addition to Thriller playing everywhere at Universal Studios they have a ride called Hollywood Dream. It's a rollercoaster where each rider chooses their own soundtrack which is pumped through speakers on the rider's seat. There are only 5 tracks to choose from, no prizes for guessing which song I chose...

N13iEmd.jpg

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/f…e19?p=4274908#post4274908

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

This is ironic by Reed. So now, all of a sudden he wants it to be discovered who allegedly enabled and covered up Wade and James' "abuse"? Yet, he did not even make mention of that part of their claim (which is the central part in their lawsuit) in a 4 hours "documentary". https://t.co/UWlDfPnQSj
    — Justice for The Falsely Accused (@JuliaBerkowitz1) 21. November 2019

I was proud to be right there for my uncle then and I am even more proud to be there for him today. 👍🏽 https://t.co/VMuL3Vi7y1
    — Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) 20. November 2019

The documentary will be screened in Amsterdam, and will likely be available on Amazon Prime in the US in January 2020. As for China, https://t.co/fPctTe5EAP is considering collaborating with a domestic video-streaming website to screen the film.
    https://t.co/rp9FTtwP61
    — adri (@mayonakagirl) 21. November 2019

Never gets old. pic.twitter.com/HtPXp5lCov
    — kapowski 🏳️*🌈 (@santikapowski) 21. November 2019

Leaving Neverland’ rebuttal documentary welcomed

By Bi Mengying Source:Global Times Published: 2019/11/21 18:08:40

b2b6a509-b6a8-4904-a198-edf6c6a63316.jpeg

Michael Jackson fans attend a screening of Square One on Sunday in Beijing. Photo: Courtesy of mjjcn.com

Chinese Michael Jackson fans paid tribute to the singer following the screening of Chinese-Canadian Danny Wu's documentary Square One in Beijing on Sunday.

The film is an investigation into 1993 allegations of sexual abuse against Jackson brought by the family of the alleged victim Jordan Chandler. It uncovers new evidence and information in defense of the singer through interviews with the people closest to the case, such as Jackson's nephew and the legal assistant to the accuser's lawyers in 1993.

Square One premiered in Hollywood on September 28 and in London on October 5. That same day, it made its global debut on Wu's YouTube channel.

"In LA, the biggest shock to me was how many people showed up. And you know there were a lot of high-profile people over there. They were Hollywood actors. They were big YouTube stars, Michael Jackson's lawyers, his family… I got a standing ovation in the end which surprised me as well. In London, same thing. People were more reserved, standing ovation at the end, which I didn't expect at all," Wu told the Global Times after the screening and a Q&A session with the audience.

Feeling connected

With support from China's biggest Jackson fan website, mjjcn.com, the documentary's Chinese-subtitled version was screened in eight cities across China including Shanghai, Shenzhen and Chengdu, with Beijing the last stop. Tickets for the film sold out quickly, as the tour attracted a multitude of the late singer's fans in China.

"This is one of the most connected fan groups I've ever seen anywhere. Because, not only are they online, but they are also going to meet up in real life having real life interactions, which does not happen very often in the West," said Wu.

Wu attended screenings in different cities and enjoyed the discussions with audiences, most of whom were Michael Jackson fans. After the screening, one fan said that the film felt like a redemption for the singer as it presents the truth to the public, while a mother said she brought her 11-year-old son with her, hoping he'd learn more about Jackson as well.

"You can see how connected they feel to Michael Jackson. I realize that this is way beyond music and dance. This is people really connecting to him at a deeper level. I don't think I really understood that until this trip," Wu added.

Doing some digging

Premiering at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival on January 25, Leaving Neverland featured accounts from two former child stars Wade Robson and James Safechuck, who accused the late singer of sexually assaulting them in the late 1980s and early 1990s. In its review, Variety said it "offers devastatingly powerful and convincing testimony that Michael Jackson was guilty of child sexual abuse."

Wu watched Leaving Neverland as well. He said that after noticing what he felt were a lot of inconsistencies in the film, he started doing research on his own. In April, he posted on his YouTube channel his interviews with Taj Jackson, Michael Jackson's nephew, and Brandi Jackson, the pop star's niece in a piece titled Returning to Neverland: Taj and Brandi Jackson Interview. Wu noted that the interviews received quite a bit of attention from Jackson fans, which he thinks helped gain people's trust as an investigator on YouTube.

In 2005, Jackson was faced with a second child molestation case, which ended up with his acquittal. Wu said that during the trial, he heard that more than one person who knew Chandler testified in court saying that Chandler told them that nothing had ever happened.

"No one ever confirmed [that people had testified]. But it just became my obsession to find one of these names. And I looked into it for a long time. And I got a name, there was Josephine Zohny," said Wu.

It took Wu some effort to talk Zohny into defending Jackson publicly. After his interview with her, Wu realized that one witness may not be convincing enough so he changed his format and turn his YouTube series into a documentary.

"In the West, all the online discussions about whether Michael Jackson was guilty or not. All the people who think he was guilty, they always go back to one point. Why did he pay the settlement? Why did he pay a kid 20 million dollars? So that was the root of all the problems… But the 1993 case has never gone to trial. So there are a lot of myths and legends around that case. So I just kept building around it. I kept adding new people in, and people kept dropping out," he added.

To be continued

Wu and Michael Jackson's Chinese fans believe in the singer's innocence and plan to show their support by promoting Square One.

The documentary will soon be screened in Amsterdam, and a new version different from the YouTube version will likely be available on Amazon Prime in the US in January 2020. As for China, mjjcn.com is considering collaborating with a domestic video-streaming website to screen the film.

"My dad used to bring DVDs of Michael Jackson dancing. And he was like 'Yeah, let me show you something impressive.' And we just watched Michael Jackson DVDs all day. So that's like a very big part of my childhood. I feel I owe so much happiness to Michael Jackson for this family time so that it's only right I'm doing this now," said Wu.

When asked what he'd say to the singer, Wu answered, "I'm trying my best. I'm doing my part. And I hope that can be appreciated and maybe the world one day will see you for who you really are."

Newspaper headline: ‘Square One’

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1170762.shtml

On Monday, a California appeals court issued a tentative ruling reversing the dismissal of a lawsuit brought by 2 alleged victims of Michael Jackson.

The two accusers, Wade Robson and James Safechuck, were the subject of the HBO documentary “Leaving Neverland.” The original lawsuits were dismissed because the claims were found to have been brought beyond the statute of limitations.

However, last month, California passed a law that extends the statute of limitations for survivors of sexual assault that occurred while they were minors, which is the basis for overruling the dismissal of the lawsuit.

The lawsuit was originally filed after Mr. Jackson had passed away. It was filed against two business entities owned by Mr. Jackson that are controlled by therstate.

The accusers had first made claims against the estate, but those were dismissed by the Probate Court. The claims against the two business entities were dismissed in 2017 because the statute of limitations had expired, meaning they waited too long to file the lawsuits.

But now, this new law makes is so the cases are not beyond the statute of limitations. The new law that was signed into law last month extends the statute of limitations for survivors of childhood sexual abuse in California from age 26 to age 40. It also gives everyone – regardless of their age – a three-year window to file suit for sexual abuse that occurred when they were a minor. That three-year window starts January 1, 2020.

This is major legislation. Any claim that someone was sexually assaulted as a minor that would otherwise be time-barred -- as long as it was never litigated to a final judgment before -- can now be brought starting January 1, 2020, regardless of how long ago the alleged abuse occurred.

This could have a huge impact on Mr. Jackson’s estate, since he lived and worked in California. There could be a ton of new litigation in California against entities like the Catholic church, the Boy Scouts, schools, and youth sports programs.

The new law also provides big penalties that can apply if a victim can prove there was a cover-up.

We all know what’s being alleged, and it’s truly awful, but we’ll have to see how the plaintiffs can tie the alleged sexual abuse by Mr. Jackson to his business entities.

It actually may not be hard to do, since the entities were so intertwined with Mr. Jackson himself and the very shows and promotions that led to the alleged sexual abuse taking place. The bottom line, however, is that this case could be the least of the concerns for the Estate of Michael Jackson.

Anyone who alleges to have been sexually assaulted by Mr. Jackson as a child, as long as they never brought a lawsuit before to a judgment, can now bring such a lawsuit, no matter how old they are. That is true for 3 full years starting January 1, 2020.

After that, an alleged childhood victim of sexual assault will have 5 years from the date they knew or should have known the assault happened once they are an adult (many people suppress such memories and only discover and understand what happened much later in life) or until the age of 40, whichever occurs first.

https://news3lv.com/news/local/break...acksons-estate

California moves to resurrect lawsuits at heart of Michael Jackson documentary

Judges say James Safechuck and Wade Robson’s suits should be reconsidered, a high profile outcome for a new sexual abuse law

A California appeals court appeared strongly inclined on Monday to give new life to lawsuits filed by two men who accuse Michael Jackson of repeatedly molesting them when they were boys.

In a tentative ruling, three judges said that lawsuits from James Safechuck and Wade Robson against two corporate entities that Jackson owned should be reconsidered by the trial court that dismissed them in 2017.

Robson, 37, and Safechuck, 41, who became known to a broad audience when they aired their accusations earlier this year in the Emmy-winning HBO documentary Leaving Neverland, sat together in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom during Monday’s brief hearing.

Outside, their attorney Vince Finaldi said the decision was the right one, and they are pleased.

“All they’ve ever wanted is their day in court,” Finaldi said.

“The idea that someone who is assaulted as a child can actually run out of time to report that abuse is outrageous,” said Lorena Gonzalez, the California assemblywoman, when she introduced the bill. “More and more, we’re hearing about people who were victims years ago but were not ready to come forward to tell their story until now. We shouldn’t be telling victims their time is up when in reality we need them to come forward to protect the community from future abuse.”

With the new law in place, lawyers are anticipating a surge of litigation that could impact institutions such as the Roman Catholic church and the Boy Scouts of America, along with school districts, hospitals, youth sports groups and other entities.

The tentative decision does not revive the actual Jackson estate as a defendant. A 2015 decision throwing out that part of the lawsuit will stand. The remaining defendants are the two corporate entities, MJJ Productions, and MJJ Ventures.

Attorneys for Jackson’s estate accepted that the cases must be returned to the trial court under the new legislation, but emphasized that the ruling is unrelated to the allegations they have long denounced as demonstrably false.

“This new law extends the time for genuine victims of abuse to file legal claims,” said Howard L Weitzman, Jackson estate attorney, in a statement. “The appellate court’s tentative ruling is not on the merits of Robson and Safechuck’s allegations and the court in no way said that these cases will go to trial. Neither does it reverse the 2015 rulings dismissing Robson and Safechuck’s claims against the estate, which are final and no longer subject to any appeals. We are confident that the claims against Michael Jackson’s corporate entities will, once again, be dismissed as has happened before.”

The move marks a high-profile outcome for a new California law signed last month by state governor Gavin Newsom, which raised the age ceiling for victims of sexual abuse to file lawsuits from age 28 to age 40.It also gives victims of all ages a three-year window to sue, starting 1 January.

The new law was proposed in the wake of the scandal involving Larry Nassar, the former US Olympic gymnastics teams doctor convicted of sexually abusing young athletes.

Previously, survivors of child sexual abuse had to file a lawsuit within eight years of becoming an adult. The new law has opened the floodgates to a wave of potential lawsuits, and advocates said the reforms have given new hope to victims who previously had no options in the legal system to seek justice.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...law-california
    We're going back into battle again #MJFam. But unlike LN, this year we know what we're up against and so many are advocating for truth and innocence. We are the #MJFam, the strongest, most educated and the best advocates, and we will settle for nothing less than #Justice4MJ.
    — andjustice4some (@andjustice4some) 19. November 2019

It was ALWAYS about the money. We tried to tell all of you their agenda. Wanna report the train station lie now, or Nah. https://t.co/XYHeI3Yy9r
    — Taj Jackson (@tajjackson3) 18. November 2019

Weitzman (TMZ): "The Appellate Court's tentative ruling is not on the merits of Robson and Safechuck's allegations and the Court in no way said that these cases will go to trial."

Weitzman is confident that the cases "will, once again, be dismissed as has happened before."
    — TSCM (@MJJRepository) 18. November 2019
    The estate has already predicted Wade's dismissal will be overturned now that AB 218 has passed. However James' is still unlikely to succeed past summary judgment even if his case is likewise reversed on appeal, since Finaldi's arguments of him being employed by companies are BS.

It is the panel of three judges and typically they do form a tentative ruling prior to oral arguments but not something publicly disclosed. However like TMZ notes these opinions are not final and could change based on the questions and responses raised during oral arguments.

Not even the attorneys should by pivvy to such a decision until it is argued in court, since currently it should be internal to the judges.

This could easily be Finaldi's guesswork to bolster his side to media as he always does before big court events. Also why TMZ says "may be"
    See footage of Paris Jackson & Prince Michael Jackson at Ryan Gordy Foundation "60 Years of Motown" Celebration

More 🎥 #RyanGFoundation 👉 https://t.co/8kVerFQ3o2#GettyVideo#ParisJackson #princemjjjaxon #MichaelJackson #Motown @RyanGFoundation @ParisJackson @motown pic.twitter.com/kiE5vc1uq1
    — Getty Images Entertainment (@GettyVIP) 12. November 2019

Join Paris and Prince Jackson as They Celebrate Motown Magic in McQueen

https://www.vogue.com/article/paris-...iversary-video

It’s a well-known fact that Motown is all about family, so who better to honor its legacy than two of the world’s most famous siblings? Paris and Prince Jackson may be music royalty, but even they get wistful when they hear the label’s unmistakable sound. “I think of my childhood when I hear the word Motown,” says Paris from her suite at the Waldorf Astoria in Beverly Hills. “I grew up listening to that, [so] it makes me think of family.” The iconic label, which celebrated its 60th anniversary last week with a star-studded gala, is an essential part of the pair’s history. At 22 and 21, respectively, they may be too young to have witnessed its heyday firsthand, but its cultural dominance has been an essential part of their lives. Many of their father Michael’s most iconic moments—from the rise of The Jackson 5 to the debut of the moonwalk—are intrinsically linked to Motown. So, when they were asked to present a special award to founder Berry Gordy, they didn’t hesitate.

Currently on tour with her band The Soundflowers, Paris is no slouch in the style department: While her off-duty style is more bohemian, for the red carpet, she’s always willing to go full glam. Appropriately, the event allowed her to pay homage to a design hero; to prepare for the big moment, the Jacksons brought in their longtime stylist Rushka Bergman and a wealth of fantastical fashion from Alexander McQueen. “I’m excited because Lee Alexander McQueen is one of my favorite humans,” says Paris.

With two Sarah Burton–designed pieces, Paris got the full McQueen experience. “[This] reminds me of McQueen’s fashion show ‘Horn of Plenty.’ That is my all-time favorite,” says Paris of her red-and-black lace-covered gown from the fall 2019 collection. Her princess-worthy tulle number detailed with crystals did, however, remind her of a missed high school milestone: “I never actually went to prom—I skipped it to go see Metallica—but this feels nice,” she says. “I would want my prom dress to look like this.”

Prince got in on the fun too, wearing a bejeweled jacket that recalled the elaborate onstage wardrobe of his father. “Growing up, I got to see Rushka style my dad and put on jackets like this, so it kind of comes full circle,” he says, noting the look’s embellished details. “The sparkles give me a level of confidence that I don’t think [I’ve] felt before—this is what you’d call a glow-up!”

But what made the experience truly special was the fact that the siblings got to share it—getting dressed up in the company of good friends like Bergman and enjoying a casual pre-show process filled with laughter. Here, the duo takes Vogue along for the ride as they talk personal style, tattoos, and a very memorable game of hide and seek.

maxresdefault.jpg

73213474_2221093164854661_1566513447010222597_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.frix7-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=109
    71808762_1173877672807199_5051080759352854753_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.frix7-1.fna.fbcdn.net&_nc_cat=111

TSCM‏ @MJJReposit

Estate has confirmed they'll be pursuing new discovery in Wade's case if remanded to trial court. They specifically mention this will include: "Robson's extensive public statements and interviews, and his appearance in a four-hour 'documentary' relating to the allegations."

https://twitter.com/MJJReposit…06081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

These are the estate's responses to the court's specific questions following AB 218 passing:

A. Applicability.

The estate concedes AB would allow late filing of claims if appeals aren't concluded by Jan. 1. This would eliminate partial—but not all—focus of appeal; with regard to 340.1(b)(2).

Estate reiterates that it would challenge applicability later as law evolves.

B. Other Issues (1)

Estate argues appellate court must affirm case dismissal if it is based on any other grounds stated in demurrer. This includes at least 4/6 other causes JS can't prove:

- Negligent Supervision

- Negligent Hiring

- Failure to Warn

- Breach of Duty

B. Other Issues (2)

Emphasis is placed on fact that appellate court can uphold trial ruling based on any other noted findings in the demurrer, whether or not the trial court intended the other (non time-related) findings to support the demurrer or acted upon them specifically.

C (1). Both Cases Related

Estate concedes that unlike JS, WR's demurrer is based only on statute of limitations (likely reversed via AB 218).

But since they both argue same causes of action, court should wait to rule on WR's until after JS' is decided, based on arguments above.

C (2). WR - Time Needed for New Discovery

Wade's case was litigated 4.5 years w/ less than 5 mo. left to try when summary judgment came. If remanded, estate needs time for new discovery relating to Wade's PR tour & LN etc. Appellate court should decide time options if remanded.