Katherine's interview with The Mail on Sunday

• Katherine's interview with The Mail on Sunday

In an emotional interview to mark the first anniversary of her son's death, Katherine Jackson has told The Mail on Sunday that she is determined to give Prince, Paris and Blanket a more conventional upbringing and they are to attend school in September for the first time. Until now, they have been taught at home, in keeping with Michael ’s policy of keeping them largely hidden from the outside world.

Michael Jackson's children to go to school for first time

After years of living as one of the most closely protected families in the world, Michael Jackson’s three children are to attend school for the first time.

In an emotional interview to mark the first anniversary of the singer’s death, their grandmother and guardian Katherine Jackson has told The Mail on Sunday that she is determined to give Prince, Paris and Blanket a more conventional upbringing.

Until now, they have been taught at home, in keeping with Michael ’s policy of keeping them largely hidden from the outside world.

‘I’d say I’m a little less strict but I’ve tried to follow the way Michael was raising them,’ she says in her first interview since he died of a suspected heart attack on June 25 last year at his Los Angeles home.

‘But they don’t have friends. They don’t go to school. They have private lessons at home. They’ll be going to a private school in September for the first time.’

The 80-year-old great-grandmother laughs at the idea the children could ever have a wholly normal life, but says they have a healthy routine of daily schoolwork, karate and swimming.

She says there is hardly a day without visits from members of her extended family to her home in Los Angeles. ‘Having them around has helped the children immensely. They go places together and have fun. They listen to Michael’s music.’

Katherine has come under media scrutiny again in recent weeks after reported comments by her husband, Joe Jackson, who said she was in part responsible for Michael’s death – a sentiment he has now retracted.

And last week her youngest son, Randy, was rushed to hospital with a heart attack, but he seems to be recovering.

Throughout, however, she says her priority has been caring for her grandchildren Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and Blanket, eight.

Katherine was made their legal guardian in the weeks following Michael’s death, although she has no control over his estate, which is held in a trust fund.

The three children have been deeply affected, she says. Paris has created a shrine to him in her bedroom. ‘I wanted to hang pictures of flowers or ballerinas, like I would expect a girl would.

But she went into the closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael and said, “No, I want Daddy hanging in my room. I always want to see him.”

‘So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. Paris has that lovely way like Michael, and I see his talent in her. Whatever she does she’s very good at it. She’s a good artist and plays the piano. She wants to be an actress.’

Katherine believes all three share something of Michael. Prince is interested in the arts, hoping to be a film producer, while Blanket has his sense of playfulness

She says it was some time after Michael took Prince and Paris to a concert to celebrate his 30th anniversary as a solo entertainer in 2001 that they began to understand how famous he was.

‘Michael told me a story. He said the two little ones were in the audience. When he got backstage they said, “So you’re a big star, huh? When I grow up I want to be just like you!” And Michael said he got the biggest chuckle out of that.’

To help her face up to Friday’s anniversary, Katherine has put together a collection of Jackson family photographs, in Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives.

She says: ‘I love looking at photos of my children singing and dancing together, when they looked happy. Not a day goes by I don’t think about Michael.

‘It’s hard for me to talk about without getting all choked up. Years will pass by and I’ll still feel the same way. I have a nephew I am very close to who I’ve have leaned on a lot. Prayer has helped me. I don’t have any regrets. I just live for the children.’

She continues: ‘Michael was so misunderstood. I remember when he brought gifts up to the house for me: a watch, a necklace and ring. I’ll never forget the way he was smiling when I opened each one. He was so generous. He’d give you the shirt off his back.

‘I want the world to know the real Michael. All these allegations in the tabloids, it’s all rubbish.

‘People with children will understand how I feel when somebody says something ugly about my son, especially when it’s not true. That’s why I’m releasing the book. I’d like him to be remembered as the loving person he was.

'People can’t understand it because of the child molestation claims falsely laid on him. It’s just greedy people who wanted money.’

A year on from his death, Michael’s mother does not accept he died of natural causes.

‘He was too young for that, but something happened. I heard from people he was taking prescription drugs but I’ve never seen my son in any way  . . .  even talking to him on the phone, he was always himself.

‘I never asked him about that as he was always normal. I don’t think he just died of natural causes. I don’t believe that. It was someone who was watching over him  . . .  and he died. If I could see him again I would ask him, “Who did this to you?”

‘One thing I hope for is the next year will be better for me and the family. I hope people continue to remember Michael and keep celebrating his legacy. I hope that things get better for me in time. His death has already brought the family closer together. I want us to be even more close.

‘I try not to regret. I try not to think like that because I don’t think Michael would have had his life any other way. Sometimes I start to tear up.

‘But I am happy about it because I know the world is missing and remembering my son. I could see the fans taking pictures, posing in front of the house. I know Michael would have been happy to see that. I just miss him every day.’

* Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives, containing unseen personal and family photos of Michael with a commentary from his mother, is available now from Jackson-secretvault.com. Mail on Sunday readers can claim a 35 per cent discount until June 30 by quoting the code MJUK. Sales proceeds will be split between Katherine, Michael’s children and the charity Voices Against Brain Cancer.

Michael Jackson's children to go to school for first time | Mail Online

• und dazu das von heute:

Michael Jackson: Kein Privatunterricht mehr

Katherine Jackson, die Mutter des King of Pop, ist seit dem Tod ihres berühmten Sohnes Vormund der drei Sprösslinge Prince Michael (13), Paris (12) und Prince Michael II ( und hat nun beschlossen, den Promi-Nachwuchs an eine Schule zu schicken. Dort sollen sie Kontakte mit ihren Altersgenossen knüpfen.

“Sie haben keine Freunde. Sie gehen nicht zur Schule, sondern bekommen Privatunterricht zu Hause”, enthüllt die 80-Jährige und fährt fort: “Das wird sich ab September ändern, dann besuchen sie nämlich ein privates College.”

Für die drei Kinder werde die Umstellung groß, schließlich seien sie daran gewöhnt, von der Öffentlichkeit abgeschottet zu leben. “Für sie ist das normal, ihr Leben war nie anders”, so Katherine im Gespräch mit dem ‘Sunday Mirror’. “Sie gehen zu einer bestimmten Zeit ins Bett, dann stehen sie wieder auf, ziehen sich für den Unterricht an. Außerdem lernen sie Karate und gehen schwimmen – das lieben sie.”

Obwohl Michael Jackson nun seit knapp einem Jahr tot ist, fühlt sich die Mutter des Stars, der an einer Propofol-Vergiftung starb, ständig durch seine Kinder an ihn erinnert. “Paris ist genau so liebevoll wie er – und ich sehe sein Talent in ihr”, erklärt Katherine. “Was auch immer sie macht, macht sie sehr gut. Sie ist eine tolle Künstlerin, spielt Klavier und will außerdem Schauspielerin werden.” Auch der Älteste sei an einer Karriere in der Filmindustrie interessiert. “Prince will Kameramann werden und Filme produzieren.” Der Jüngste sei hingegen genauso “verspielt” wie sein singender Vater.

Laut Katherine habe Jackson seinen Nachwuchs außerdem vor seinem weltweiten Ruhm schützen wollen, um sich in Bescheidenheit zu üben. “Er sagte, dass er ihnen nie verraten habe, was er tut. Er wollte nicht, dass sie es wissen. Er wollte nicht, dass sie große Egos entwickeln”, verrät Katherine.

Quelle: » Michael Jackson: Kein Privatunterricht mehr

• *****s Mutter: So leiden meine Enkelkinder
    Sie vermissen ihn so sehr. Zimmer voller Michael-Poster
    Los Angeles - Vor einem Jahr verloren sie das Liebste auf Erden - und die Welt ihren King of Pop. Zum Todestag von Michael Jackson (†50) schildert seine Mutter Katherine (80) zum ersten Mal, wie sehr die drei Kinder um ihren Vater trauern.

Für den Jackson-Clan wird es ein schwerer Gang, wenn sich die Familie am 25. Juni zu Michaels erstem Todestag am Grab des Pop-Königs versammelt. Doch niemand wird so leiden wie Prince (13), Paris (12) und Blanket (, die ihren Vater jeden Tag so schmerzlich vermissen. "Alle drei hören stundenlang seine Songs. Paris hat ihr Schlafzimmer zu einem Schrein für Papa gestaltet", sagt ihr Vormund Katherine der "Mail". "Die Wände sind voll mit Postern und Fotos von Michael tapeziert. Sie sagt: ,Ich will mit Papa vor Augen morgens aufwachen und abends einschlafen'."

Prince und Blanket seien oft ganz still in sich gekehrt. Katherine: "Das sind die Momente, wenn ihr Vater ihnen am meisten fehlt. Die zwei sagen so oft: ,Wir wollen, dass Papa stolz auf uns ist'."

Die ganze Familie kümmert sich rührend um die drei Kinder. "Doch sie haben keine Freunde, werden zu Hause unterrichtet", bedauert Katherine. Das soll sich im September ändern: Dann werden sie zur Schule gehen. "Sie sollen - soweit es überhaupt geht - normal aufwachsen, nachdem sie so lange abgeschirmt von der Welt gelebt haben", sagt Oma. "Ich sehe Michael, seine Talente in jedem von ihnen. Es bleibt ein täglicher Kampf, seinen Verlust zu verkraften." DÖ

Quelle:
    Jackos Mutter: So leiden meine Enkelkinder - Nachrichten - Berliner Kurier.

• Laut Katherine habe Jackson seinen Nachwuchs außerdem vor seinem weltweiten Ruhm schützen wollen, um sich in Bescheidenheit zu üben. “Er sagte, dass er ihnen nie verraten habe, was er tut. Er wollte nicht, dass sie es wissen. Er wollte nicht, dass sie große Egos entwickeln”, verrät Katherine.

Quelle: » Michael Jackson: Kein Privatunterricht mehr[/I]

Das habe ich auch schon von anderen aus der Familie gehört, aber ich dachte immer, dass Michael es ihnen gesagt hätte. :? Jedenfalls hat er das so damals im Geraldo Interview angegeben. Außerdem muss er ihnen ja auch erklärt haben, warum ständig Bodyguards dabei sind, Fans um ihn herum sind und die Paparazzi hinter ihnen her sind. Da wird er ja kaum gesagt haben, dass das daher kommt, weil er Handwerker ist. ;D
    (Außerdem gibt's ja auch ein Homevideo, auf dem Paris ganz klein ist. Darauf sagt sie, dass sie das machen möchte, was Daddy macht. Michael fragt dann in etwa "And what do I do?", darauf sie "Singing and dancing.")

Das mit der Schule halte ich auch für eine gute Idee, wobei ich mir vorstellen kann, dass es am Anfang sicherlich nicht ganz leicht werden wird, schließlich weiß jeder, dass sie Michaels Kinder sind. Hoffentlich werden sie nicht zu sehr von ihren Mitschülern ausgequetscht...

• ^ Auch wenn Michael ihnen gesagt hat, dass er singt und tanzt, denke ich nicht, dass sie damals in den jungen Jahren das so richtig verstanden haben, in welchem Ausmaß er das tat. Für sie ist Michael einfach "nur" ihr Daddy. Dass er eigentlich der berühmteste Mensch der Welt ist und der KOP, werden sie erst jetzt verstehen.

Ich finde es auch gut, dass seine Kinder nun auf eine normale Schule gehen. Sicherlich werden sie aber nicht auf eine "öffentliche/normale" Schule gehen, sondern auf eine Privatschule, wo es vielleicht "normal" ist, einen berühmten Vater zu haben. Ich hoffe für sie, dass sie wie ganz normale Kinder behandelt werden und normale Freundschaften aufbauen können. Wenn die Kinder so viel vom Vater haben, wie immer behauptet wird, dann werden sie sicher keine Probleme haben, Freunde zu finden...

• Hm, daran hatte ich gar nicht gedacht...
    Hat Michael nicht auch mal gesagt, dass seine Kids große Fans von ihm sind und gerne seine Musik hören und Videos gucken und so? Irgendwie kann ich mich an sowas erinnern.

• Hm, daran hatte ich gar nicht gedacht...
    Hat Michael nicht auch mal gesagt, dass seine Kids große Fans von ihm sind und gerne seine Musik hören und Videos gucken und so? Irgendwie kann ich mich an sowas erinnern.

zum Konzert 2001 steht doch im Interview:

‘Michael told me a story. He said the two little ones were in the audience. When he got backstage they said, “So you’re a big star, huh? When I grow up I want to be just like you!” And Michael said he got the biggest chuckle out of that.’

Wenn ich das richtig lese waren die Großen also 2001 dabei.
    Und er hat mal gesagt, dass seine Kinder sowas wie Superfans von ihm wären ;D
    Ist also Quatsch, dass sie's nicht wussten. Ich denke aber die Dimension seines Weltweiten Ausnahmeruhms wird ihnen erst nach seinem Tod klar geworden sein. Ich erinnere mich, wie Prince und Paris bei der Trauerfeier auf der Bühne standen und zu den Leuten hochgesehen haben. Ich hab mich da gefragt was sie wohl denken...

• Jackson Family Lawyer Says Michael Jackson's Kids Are "Normal"
    Posted by Mitch Michaels on 06.21.2010

Another look at the lives of Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket...

Contrary to a story put out by Katherine Jackson recently, a Jackson family lawyer named Adam Streisand says that Michael Jackson's three children all appear to be adjusting normally a year after their father's death.

Streisand visits the children regularly.

"The children are seemingly as normal as normal can be under pretty extraordinary circumstances," says Streisand. He also claims the children gain a lot from the presence of their cousins and other relatives.

Prince Michael, the oldest at 13, has developed an interest in filmmaking

"They have props and sets, and one of them acts as director. They all have roles," says Streisand. Katherine has said Michael's daughter Paris wants to be an actress.

Streisand says the whole stun gun incident from March was part of the children's video making. They ordered a stun gun online and shot it into a towel, drawing security guards to the area. The lawyers said no one was injured.

(411mania.com)

• Michael Jackson’s Kids: Spending Time with Debbie Rowe
    By: Roger Friedman in Celebrity // June 21st, 2010

Michael Jackson’s kids, Prince and Paris, have been spending time with their biological mother, Debbie Rowe.

Rowe has also included Blanket, aka Prince Michael II, in the visits, according to sources. Blanket’s biological mother is unknown.

This might be the best news to come out of the long year since Michael Jackson died. The anniversary, on Friday, June 25th, is sparking dozens of stories, mostly false, about the Jackson kids and anything to do with Michael Jackson. It’s going to be a wild week, that’s for sure!

The reality is that Rowe, who was married to Jackson when she gave birth to Prince and then Paris, has forged a relationship not only with the children but with Katherine Jackson, their guardian and Michael’s mother. The visits have happened quietly, with no fanfare or publicity.

Rowe–who raises and sells horses in Southern California– retained her parental rights when she divorced Jackson. A family court judge reaffirmed that in 2006.

This week, however, all members of this saga will be out of town as fans descend on various locations to commemorate the anniversary of Michael’s death.

According to my sources, the Jackson kids are doing fine. They will, indeed, attend private school this fall.

But I am also told that it’s incorrect, as was reported Sunday from the British press, that the children have “no friends.” They have plenty of friends among their similarly aged cousins. And once they’re in school, they will undoubtedly make friends.

It wouldn’t have been easy for them in the first place. From June 2005 until last June–four years–the children were dragged by Jackson from one locale to another–Bahrain, Ireland, Japan, France, Las Vegas, northern Virginia, suburban New Jersey, and then finally a rented house in Beverly Hills.

(showbiz411.com)

• Irgendwie stößt es mir etwas seltsam auf, dass Katherine so private, fast schon intime Dinge der Kinder an die Öffentlichkeit weitergibt.
    Für meinen Geschmack geht sie etwas zu weit.

:sad
    Auf einmal bist Du nicht mehr da,
    und keiner kanns verstehen.
    Im Herzen bleibst Du uns ganz nah,
    bei jedem Schritt den wir nun gehen.
    Nun ruhe sanft und geh in Frieden,
    denk immer dran, dass wir Dich lieben.
    Michael, i love you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!