Gerüchte/Berichte zu eventuellen Konzerten oder Tournee von Michael (oder Jackson5)

• Hab ich grad gefunden, interessant ;D

Michael Jackson is being lined up for a Prince-style residency at London's 02 Arena.

He could follow in the footsteps of the Spice Girls, Take That, Justin Timberlake and Kanye West appearing at London's former Millennium Dome.

The fallen star is thought to be desperate to solve alleged cash-flow problems with a 2008 tour.

But whether the 49-year-old still has enough of a fanbase to book the arena for more than a couple of nights is sure to be a gamble.

The tour could come in autumn after the release of his new album which he has been working on with producer will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas.

Another big name in the frame for the venue is Whitney Houston.

quelle: Jackson to thrill London? - Yahoo! News UK

also ich fände das cool :top das O2 ist ne schöne große Arena The O2 - Book now

• Die bisherigen Artikel zu möglichen Konzerten/ einer möglichen Tournee 2008:

THRILLER UK! Jackson is Back!

14th December 2007

MICHAEL JACKSON is being lined up for a Prince-style residency at London’s O2 Arena.

The capital’s shiny venue has become enormously popular with star performers since being revamped from its former Millennium Dome status.

Prince, 49, Take That, Justin Timberlake, 26, and Kanye West, 30, have all played incredible gigs at the venue, which this weekend hosts some group called the Spice Girls. And now Jackson, who is desperate to sort his cash-flow problems with a 2008 tour, is in the O2 frame.

Gamble

An insider told me: “The general consensus is that Jackson has the fan base to attract enough gig-goers from all over the world to make this a huge success.

“Booking the O2 up for more than a couple of nights might seem like a big gamble on his and his promoters’ part, but just think of the history. People will flock to witness Jackson cover his back catalogue.”

It’s not just Jackson’s huge range of smash hits such as Thriller and Earth Song that is getting fans excited all over again.

The 49-year-old’s new album looks set to be a return to his old top form – after a wobbly few years – since working with super-producer will.i.am. The Black Eyed Peas dude, 32, told me: “There was never any question about working with him at all. Michael’s a legend."

“It’s always about the music for me. If I admire someone’s work, I’ll work with them. The stuff we’ve been working on is really exciting. We’re inspired.”

Meanwhile, live music promoter AEG Europe’s top dog David Campbell hinted the shows would take place next autumn.
    Campbell said: “We have two big residencies booked for the fourth quarter of 2008.”

Another of the legendary names in the frame, I hear, is Whitney Houston.
    Like Jackson, the 44-year-old has had her wobbles, but Whitney looked better than ever recently at Fashion Rocks where she introduced Sugababes.

Amelle Berrabah, 23, told me: “It was amazing to meet her and have her say she was a fan. She can totally come back.”

Move over Spice Girls – the comebacks of 2008 are starting now.

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Playlist :: Thriller UK!

Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston Plan London Performances

Michael Jackson is set to perform a residency at London's O2 arena next year.

The eccentric star - whose finances have allegedly been dwindling away since his 2005 child molestation case, of which he was acquitted of all charges - hopes a lengthy run can ease his money problems.

A source said: "The general consensus is that Michael has the fan base to attract enough people from all over the world to make this a huge success.

"Booking The O2 up for more than a couple of nights might seem a big gamble on his and his promoters' part, but just think of the history. People will flock to witness Michael cover his back catalogue."

The president of live music promoter AEG Europe, David Campbell, refused to confirm the rumours, but revealed a big star would be coming to the 20,000 capacity arena next autumn.

He said: "We have two big residencies booked for the fourth quarter of 2008."

Whitney Houston is rumoured to be the other artist taking up a "big residency" next year.

If the proposed shows go ahead, Michael will be following in the footsteps of his former pop rival Prince who thrilled the UK capital with a 21-night residency last summer.

A host of music stars have played the impressive venue this year, including Justin Timberlake, Led Zeppelin, Take That and the Spice Girls, who launch the UK leg of their world tour there tomorrow (15.12.07).

(the post chronicle)

Rolling Stone Magazine:

Michael Jackson is reportedly planning a three-month world tour for next year, set to begin in March. The rumored concerts would allegedly be used to pay off Jackson’s increasing debts, perhaps including outstanding lawyer’s fees from his 2005 child-molestation trial. Yesterday a judge gave MJ twenty-five days to pay or settle by turning over financial information to his former legal reps.

Rolling Stone : Paul McCartney on Leaving EMI: “Coldplay Are an Armchair,” Pimp C Buried in Texas, Linkin Park Announce 2008 Dates and More

MICHAEL JACKSON - JACKSON PLANNING LONDON RESIDENCY?

Superstar MICHAEL JACKSON will follow in the footsteps of PRINCE and play a London residency next year (0, according to reports. The Thriller hitmaker is rumoured to be in negotiations with promoters AEG Live to organise a series of concerts to help settle outstanding debts of $325 million (GBP162.5 million). And Jackson is reportedly looking to emulate the Purple Rain singer's success when he played 21 dates at London's O2 Arena over the summer (07). A source tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "The general consensus is that ***** has the fan base to attract enough gig-goers from all over the world to make this a huge success. "Booking the O2 up for more than a couple of nights might seem like a big gamble on his and his promoters' part, but just think of the history. People will flock to witness ***** cover his back catalogue." And the promoters have further fuelled speculation about the London dates. AEG Europe's David Campbell says, "We have two big residencies booked for the fourth quarter of 2008."

MICHAEL JACKSON - JACKSON PLANNING LONDON RESIDENCY?

Bain's bisherige Antwort auf O2-Konzerte:

Zitat

Not true as far as I know....

Raymone K. Bain

Source: cochino, KOP-Board

• JACKSON PLANNING LONDON RESIDENCY?

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (World Entertainment News Network)
    Michael Jackson - © ddp
    2007-12-14 09:06:38

Superstar MICHAEL JACKSON will follow in the footsteps of PRINCE and play a London residency next year (2008, according to reports.)

The Thriller hitmaker is rumoured to be in negotiations with promoters AEG Live to organise a series of concerts to help settle outstanding debts of $325 million (£162.5 million).

And Jackson is reportedly looking to emulate the Purple Rain singer's success when he played 21 dates at London's O2 Arena over the summer (07).
    A source tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "The general consensus is that Jackson has the fan base to attract enough gig-goers from all over the world to make this a huge success.

"Booking the O2 up for more than a couple of nights might seem like a big gamble on his and his promoters' part, but just think of the history. People will flock to witness Jackson cover his back catalogue." And the promoters have further fuelled speculation about the London dates.

AEG Europe's David Campbell says, "We have two big residencies booked for the fourth quarter of 2008."

NEWS JACKSON PLANNING LONDON RESIDENCY? Music, movie & Entertainment News

Zitat

Someone working at the "events department" for the 02 Arena in London told a friend of mine (mj fan too) that somebody from mj's camp contacted them to close a deal to perform at the venue for a week.

Source: Zipper, MJNO

MJ and the Jackson 5? Don't Bet on It... Yet

by: Keith Murphy

Despite Jermaine Jackson's comments to the BBC, a source tells VIBE Michael Jackson has not yet signed on for Jackson 5 tour.
    The news of Michael Jackson joining up with his brothers for dates on a much-anticipated 2008 reunion tour may have been a bit premature.

According to a source from the offices of the Gloved One's spokesperson, Raymone Bain, as of yet, MJ has not agreed to reunite with the first family of R&B and pop, the Jackson 5.

"That doesn't seem to be happening," said the source.

It was Jermaine Jackson himself who sparked the rumor. In late November, the J5 bassist and vocalist told the BBC that his superstar brother would be included in a reunion scheduled for next year. "Michael will be involved," he said of the gigs, which would have included original members Michael, Tito, Marlon, Jackie, Jermaine and sixth member Randy, who joined the group in the mid-'70s when they reformed as The Jacksons. "We feel we have to do it one more time. We owe that to the fans and the public. Michael has to be involved. He is a Jackson. He was at the meetings. Michael will be involved."

Jermaine's spokesperson and lawyer Vicki Roberts has since released a statement saying, "Regarding a possible Jackson 5 reunion, I've been advised by my client that the matter is under serious discussion and we look forward to being able to report more about it in the near future."

The buzz around a Jackson 5 reunion has been circulating for years, with unconfirmed reports of a comeback show in Las Vegas. However, during a 2005 trial in which Michael was cleared on charges of child abuse, touring plans were put on hold.

A Jackson 5 tour headlined by Michael, one of pop music's biggest icons and a much-talked-about tabloid fixture, would certainly be a sell-out event. Fans who grew up to J5's classic hits like "ABC," "Who's Loving You," "I'll Be There," and "I Want You Back," as well as Michael's record-breaking solo output, which includes 1978's Off The Wall (Epic), 1982's Thriller (Epic)—the biggest selling album of all time—and 1987's Bad (Epic), would come in droves.

But is seems Michael is busy with his own comeback plans. The enigmatic music legend is set to re-release the 25th anniversary edition of his landmark work Thriller in February—the album includes remixes by Kanye West ("Billie Jean"), and will i. am ("The Girl is Mine," and "PYT"). Michael has also been in the studio recording new material with both West and will, and collaborating on new material with Ne-Yo.

MJ and the Jackson 5? Don't Bet on It... Yet : VIBE.com

Jackson 5 Performing At Jermaine Dupri's New Year's Eve Bash: Fact Or Fiction?

Dec 14 2007 8:00 AM EST
    Producer gives MTV News the exclusive lowdown.
    By Jayson Rodriguez, with additional reporting by Shaheem Reid

Are they or aren't they?

According to multiple published reports, the Jackson 5 were set to appear at Jermaine Dupri's J5-themed New Year's Eve bash at the multiplatinum producer's Studio 78 nightclub in Atlanta.

JD supposedly announced the famed quintuplet's appearance at his party while hosting his radio show on Atlanta's V-103. But in a statement released exclusively to MTV News, JD clarified his comments.

" 'Jermaine Dupri and Friends' is a Jackson 5 celebration," he explained, "meaning music is in the air and lots of J5 loving everywhere. [But] if you're coming to stargaze and not party, don't come."

Jermaine Jackson recently confirmed that the Jacksons are attempting to reunite for a tour early next year, and he said high-profile siblings Michael and Janet were onboard. But according to the New York Post, JD was said to be against Janet — his girlfriend — participating. A source told the newspaper that the producer was insistent Jackson stay in the studio recording her next album, due next year on her new label, Island Def Jam, where JD serves as an executive. The report also said that JD allegedly wanted to distance Janet from Michael specifically for fear of her getting sucked into some of the bad press he has received.

Amid the rumors of tension between Dupri and the Jackson family, the producer spoke of the group and announced his New Year's Eve plans over the radio airwaves.

A representative for JD said the producer didn't exclude the Jackson 5 from the party, but he wanted to emphasize that the gala was primarily a theme celebration, not a promoted event featuring the legendary group.

Will Jackson 5 Be Performing At Jermaine Dupri's New Year's Party? - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Michael Jackson @ The O2 - End Stage

14/02/2008 19:00:00 - 24/02/2008 19:00:00

Look Tickets - Buy Michael Jackson Tickets

Jackson 5 - Atlanta - Rumour:

Zitat

"Not true.

Thank you.
    Raymone K. Bain"

Source: The_Way_He_Makes_Me_Feel, MJNO

• Hierzu noch ein alter Artikel vom Ireland Daily Mirror vom Juli 2007, in welchem schon von Plänen in der O2-Arena berichtet wurde:

(Story from July 2007)

EXCLUSIVE: MJ hunts for Irish venue to thrill fans on world tour

Irish Daily Mirror
    Paul Martin
    Showbiz Section

July 27, 2007

POP king Michael Jackson has asked promoters to find a venue to stage a massive outdoor show in Ireland next summer.

The Thriller star contacted top music figures in Dublin last week to reveal his plans for a tour.

As well as 10 dates at London's O2 Arena he wants to perform in Ireland - the country where he rebuilt his life after the child abuse trial.

A top insider told the Irish Daily Mirror: "The hunt is on to find the ideal venue for a Jackson gig.

"Croke Park would be too big and Lansdowne Road is being re-built so they are out.

"The RDS is being looked at because he performed there on the History tour in 1997.

"There are also other venues being considered that haven't been used for gigs before.

"Michael really wants to do the Dublin show as part of a 100- date world tour."

Jackson, 48, also revealed his plans for an Irish show to Samantha Mumba when he met her in Los Angeles last month.

Dublin pop babe Sam, 24, said: "He said he can't wait to come to Ireland and may be doing a gig at some stage."

Jackson is putting the finishing touches to his new album in America and will release it in November.

He will release a string of singles and then hit the road for a money-spinning tour that could make him up to (EUR) $100 Million.

Other high-profile dates in Paris, Munich, Berlin and Prague are also being planned. The star also looked at the option of staging a residency slot in Las Vegas - but sources say he is desperate to visit Europe.

One insider revealed: "This is the biggest tour of Michael's life -- he wants to reinstate his title as the King of Pop.

"He still has the power to sell-out the biggest venues around the world and is determined to show people that he still has the magic."

Source: TSColdMan, MJNO

Dazu die beiden letzten Friedman-Artikel, welcher ja immerhin auch als erster die Thriller-25-Remixe erwähnt hatte und damit Recht behalten hat:

Michael Jackson May Tour to Pay Debts

Wednesday, December 12, 2007
    By Roger Friedman

There is nothing written in stone about this, so let’s not get crazy. But when certain stories come in, I have a mandate to tell you what’s happening.

During this four-day Led Zeppelin reverie in London, my sources report the following: Michael Jackson is in talks with AEG Live’s Randy Phillips to go on tour for three months from March through May 2008.

Of course, this could be a total unfounded rumor. I saw Phillips a couple of times through the whole Zepisode, but we never discussed this matter. When I put in an official call to him Tuesday, there was no response. He may have been returning to Los Angeles.

Phillips, now the head of AEG Live, was for a long time partnered with Arnold Stiefel managing Rod Stewart, among others. He’s a nice guy and much respected in the industry.

But a Michael Jackson tour? Set to begin in March? There are many problems with this scenario, including issues like insurance for Jackson, who has a habit of not making dates.

There’s also the matter of Jackson not being in shape, of no musicians, dancers, choreographers and no exact concept.

Right now, Jackson’s publicist and manager are the same person, Raymone Bain. It remains to be seen whether she would be capable of handling those duties during an actual tour. Perhaps Jackson’s recent photo shoots for Italian Vogue and Ebony along with white-washed stories were the precursors of such a notion.

But the real impetus for Jackson to tour now, even with little preparation, is money. He is so deeply in debt and at such a crisis point in his finances that he and Bain may be using potential proceeds from a tour as leverage for refinancing his $325 million in loans.

The refinancing was due on Dec. 1. Not only did it not happen, but Jackson is now in default on $300 million secured by his Neverland Ranch.

But this also begs the question about to whom Jackson is already promised for tours. German promoter Marcel Avram won a legal case against Jackson in 2005 and since claims to hold the rights to any world tours. Prince Abdulla of Bahrain is suing Jackson for $7 million and may also stake a claim against proceeds from a tour.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316520,00.html]FOXNews.com - Michael Jackson May Tour to Pay Debts - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment[/url]

Michael Jackson: Funds Found, Shows Planned

Monday, December 17, 2007
    By Roger Friedman

First of all, Michael Jackson has evidently found someone to buy his $300 million main loan from Fortress Investments.

The dubious winner of this prize is said to be HSBC, the same bank that recently wrote down $3.4 billion in losses on bad credit and closed several hundred branches.

Details are sketchy, but the international bank — with Sony’s help — is nevertheless taking on the debt. The refinancing should kick out about $20-$25 million in cash for the liquidity-free singer.

But it’s not all a golden story. Jackson still owes Fortress $23 million for the loan secured by his Neverland Ranch. The default notice issued Oct. 12, 2007, had a 90-day moratorium, which means time is running out. The deadline before foreclosure would run somewhere between Jan. 12 and 19.

And guess what? Jackson, my sources say, will not use that new cash to pay the Neverland debt

“It’s all the money he has,” one source says. “And you know how fast he can run through that.”

More than likely he won’t pay off the $4 million mortgage he’s got on his parents’ home in Encino, either.

But Jackson may have a way to make money. As I told you last week exclusively, AEG Live has been talking to Jackson about doing a tour. Now I hear that the proposal is to do a series of shows just at the O2 Arena outside of London, the same venue where Led Zeppelin just played.

The shows would run from March through April, all at O2. They’d be stripped down, and not big productions. Fans would be expected to travel to Jackson rather than make him go around the world.

They’d also be pricey for fans, because Jackson would by then need some big, big bucks to fill his emptying coffers. But it might be worth it: the word is that the basis of the show would be, soup to nuts, a 25th anniversary re-creation of “Thriller” to go along with the soon-to-be-released Sony CD and video package.

AEG’s Randy Phillips, who used to co-manage Rod Stewart, is behind the plan. Sources say he and Jackson have met several times, and that Michael “is in good shape.”

But insurance is still an obstacle, and so is Jackson’s mental health. Whether he would actually be able to fulfill such a contract remains to be seen.

“This is just in the talking stages and you never know what will happen,” says a source.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317088,00.html]FOXNews.com - Michael Jackson: Funds Found, Shows Planned - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment[/url]

-> Wie es aussieht scheinen sich die Anzeichen für Auftritte bzw. Konzerte im Jahr 2008 sehr zu verdichten. In Zukunft werde ich am besten alle weiteren News und Gerüchte, was eine mögliche Tour bzw. Konzerte für 2008 angeht direkt hier, anstelle in den Jackson's focused on his Next Album-Thread posten, der Übersicht wegen.

• Jackson's thrilling return with a series of London concerts

by RICHARD SIMPSON and LUCRETIA MUNRO
    Last updated at 23:02pm on 17th December 2007

Michael Jackson is in talks to make his comeback with a series of gigs in London, it has emerged.

The singer is lined up to do several shows at the O2 Arena next spring.

Promoters want him to recreate his classic Thriller album on stage to mark the record's 25th anniversary.

According to reports, the shows will run throughout March and April at the former Millennium Dome.

"They'd be stripped down, and not big productions.

"Fans would be expected to travel to Jackson rather than make him go round the world" according to one U.S. report.

It is understood that Jackson might well join the other original members of the Jackson Five on stage during the show.

Tickets are expected to cost hundreds of pounds, as Jackson is said to be in debt to the tune of more than £165 million. Rod Stewart's former co-manager Randy Phillips is understood to be behind the plan.

Sources say Phillips and Jackson have met several times, and that Michael "is in good shape".

However there are still obstacles to standing in the way of the O2 run of shows - namely insurance and, apparently, Jackson's often flaky mental health.

Jackson, 49, was widely criticized when he fleetingly performed live at the World Music Awards in London in November 2006. It had been his first public performance since his acquittal on child molestation charges a year-and-a-half before.

A 25th anniversary version of the top-selling album Thriller, called Thriller 25, is set for release in February 2008. It originally sold more than 50 million copies and won eight Grammy Awards.

He is then expected to release a 'comeback album' - which reportedly will include collaborations with rappers and producers Kanye West, will.i.am and Akon plus rare as-yet-unheard material from the time he made Thriller.

It was reported last year that Jackson is also lined up to play 250 concerts in Las Vegas over the three years from next autumn, when Jackson will be 50.

Further concerts, across America were reported to have been arranged to clear Jackson's debts.

Jackson became a pariah after allegations of child molestation in December 2003. He was acquitted of all ten counts but his career – already long wanting a hit album – had gone into freefall.

His debts forced him to sell his Neverland ranch and he has since lived a somewhat nomadic existence.

A source said: "Yes it is true that Michael Jackson is in serious talks with AEG Live to do a series of concerts.

"He will have a mini residency with them, so will be doing about seven to ten days.

"This is quite an exciting time for them because he is still considered an icon. Although talks are in the initial stages, it all looks set to go."

Jackson's thrilling return with a series of London concerts | the Daily Mail

• Source: MJNO News Crew, MJNO

Britney and MJ

Over the weekend, Britney Spears called Michael Jackson. Apparently she's a big fan and wants to do a song or concert together.

Michael Jackson's agent says he will be doing seven concert dates as a solo artist and will also join his brothers and sisters for some concert dates next year. Dates and locations will be announced sometime next month.

Britney and MJ, TomKat's Baby Plans and JT at the Super Bowl | One of the Good Things About Hawaii | Next, Year, Dates, Concert, His

• Zitat

Michael Jackson's agent says he will be doing seven concert dates as a solo artist and will also join his brothers and sisters for some concert dates next year. Dates and locations will be announced sometime next month

oha...:hm

• Zitat

-> So Paul, (or anyone in the know) while trying to avoid sounding stupid may I pressume that this rumour was true and that Michael WILL be performing at the O2 in 2008 but just that there is no confirmed dates? It sounds implied that this is the case just wondering if it can be taken as concrete.

It would seem that way - the fact is, they haven't denied it. Whether this is a PR move (never deny something good), or because it means something is hard to tell - but it saves room for hope!

Well generally if you have news, just post it on the board as per usual - but if you've something you want to bring to the attention of the News Crew, email newscrew@mjnewsonline.com.

Source: Paul, MJNO

• Michael Jackson plant Comeback

Michael Jackson steht in Verhandlungen mit AEG Live über eine Serie von Konzerten in der 02 Arena in London im Frühjahr 2008. Im Gespräch sind komplette Aufführungen des "Thriller"-Albums anlässlich dessen 25-jährigen Jubiläums. Auch ein neues Studioalbum und ausgiebige Konzertaktivitäten in den USA sollen anstehen.

Quelle: www.mediabiz.de - das topaktuelle Businessportal für die komplette Entertainmentbranche

• Michael Jackson to make comeback

King Of Pop Michael Jackson is to make his comeback with a string of London dates next year

Rumours that Michael Jackson is to reunite with his brothers for a Jackson Five tour appear to be wide of the mark after it's been claimed that he's about to confirm a string of dates at the O2 Arena in February. According to a source close to the Thriller star (definitely not Bubbles the monkey) says the i's are being dotted and t's crossed. “Details are being finalised as we speak. It will be a mini-residency at The O2. It’ll be just him, his greatest hits and what is going to be the biggest gig of the year. Forget the Spice Girls, this is the comeback.”

Michael Jackson to make comeback :: Daily Gossip :: Handbag.com

• Ok, eine Woche Michaelmania in London...hihi* Ick fahr hin. Klingt jedenfalls gut...hinzu werden wahrscheinlich ein paar Gigs in Amerika kommen mit seinen Brüdern...aber nur Thriller-Album on Stage bringen wäre bissel schade find ich.

• Ok, eine Woche Michaelmania in London...hihi* Ick fahr hin. Klingt jedenfalls gut...hinzu werden wahrscheinlich ein paar Gigs in Amerika kommen mit seinen Brüdern...aber nur Thriller-Album on Stage bringen wäre bissel schade find ich.

Fände ich auch ziemlich schade, da es wirklich zu eng gedacht wäre, Mike auf Thriller zu reduzieren. Aber ihn wieder Live zu erleben nach 11 Jahren. Das wäre der BURNER. Ich geh auch hin *Urlaub einreich*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!