MJ and The Cirque du Soleil

• Even in death, Michael Jackson’s a thrillerLast Updated: 12:08 AM, April 3, 2012

Posted: 10:32 PM, April 1, 2012
    More Print Frank Scheck
    THEATER REVIEW

MICHAEL JACKSON: THE IMMORTAL WORLD TOUR
    Madison Square Garden, 4 Penn Plaza. 800-745-3000. Through April 5.

There’s a surreal quality to Cirque du Soleil’s “Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour,” which played this weekend at Newark’s Prudential Center, and it’s not just because its inspiration is no longer with us. This lavish show, featuring the company’s trademark spectacular acrobatics and stunning visuals, is not all that different from the theatrical extravaganzas of today’s arena concerts. Except, of course, that the star fails to show up.

But he certainly would have approved of the alternately mind-blowing and silly proceedings. For every element that is sublime — the acrobats in multicolored LED-studded bodysuits cavorting overhead in “Human Nature,” the incredibly sexy female pole dancer who writhes her way through “Dangerous” — there is another that is just wrongheaded, such as the Afro-headed clowns lipsynching Jackson Five songs. And don’t get me started on the performer wearing a monkey suit pretending to be Bubbles the Chimp.

Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson tribute proves alternately eye-popping and predictable, but can’t outdo its inspiration.
    Not surprisingly, much of the show, which moves to Madison Square Garden for three nights starting tomorrow, replicates Jackson’s choreography and visual iconography in ways both slavish and inspired. You can be sure of seeing the dancing graveyard zombies of “Thriller,” the hard-rocking juvenile delinquents of “Beat It,” and the dancers leaning at impossible angles to “Smooth Criminal.”

Far more imaginative is the treatment given such songs as “Dancing Machine,” featuring a phalanx of industrial-suited tap dancers, and “Beat It,” with performers inhabiting a giant rhinestone glove and pair of loafers.

Diehard fans will be gratified by the inclusion of “They Don’t Care About Us,” a number originally designed for the never-to-be “This Is It” tour. But its robot-suited dancers, who wear LED breastplates flashing images ranging from dollar signs to hearts, aren’t exactly subtle.

The music is presented in suitably deafening mega-mix style, with Jackson’s voice accompanied by a live band led by Jackson’s frequent collaborator, Greg Phillinganes. The large ensemble performs his trademark dance moves with uncanny precision, with one-legged dancer Jean Sok an unforgettable standout.

The singer himself is often seen on giant video screens showing clips of his videos and concert appearances. And here’s the ironic thing: No matter what spectacular event is taking place live in front of you, you still can’t take your eyes off him. Even in death, Michael Jackson steals the show.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entert…aaBJDc6kruO#ixzz1qzCmpkbO

• Wenn ich das sehe......ich kann's kaum noch aushalten.......:umfall

Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL Manhattan New York 2012, Madison Square Garden

[video=youtube;_TbAjUZezFc]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/video]

die Stimmung......Gänsehaut pur......

[CENTER]Some people like to sleep well and give.
    Some people like to eat well and take.
    I guess, I like to sleep well!

Michael Jackson[/CENTER]

• ..dito..Gänsehaut pur..nach den ersten Tönen :wub

• Hier noch ein Video von Reuters mit Promis, die die Show in New York besuchten:

http://www.reuters.com/video/2…jackson?videoId=232844511

ROUGH CUT (NO REPORTER NARRATION) STORY: The legacy of Michael Jackson lives on in the traveling production of Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil. The show, presented by the estate of Michael Jackson, is making a New York City stop at Madison Square Garden from April 3th to the 5th, before continuing its year-long global tour. Model Naomi Campbell co-starred in Jackson's "In the Closet" music video in 1991 and marked it as one the highlights of her life. "I have great memories of Michael, working with him was the biggest joy ever," Campbell told Reuters. Tyra Banks, who was featured in the "Black or White" music video called the king of pop timeless. "Little kids that have never heard of him, don't know who he is, they just start bopping to his music as soon as they hear it and I feel like that will be until the end of time," said Banks. Actress Glenn Close said she is both a fan of Jackson and Cirque and talked about seeing him live in concert during his prime. MTV reporter Sway Calloway said Jackson taught the world how to dance and showed off his favorite MJ move on the red carpet. Not to be out done, funny man Tracey Morgan also busted a move. Other Jackson fans who attended the New York show included singer John Legend who snuck in with his fiancé Chrissy Teigen.

Rough Cut (Keine REPORTER Erzählung) STORY:
    Das Vermächtnis von Michael Jackson lebt weiter in der reisenden Produktion von Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour von Cirque du Soleil. Die Show wurde vom Michael Jackson-Estate präsentiert und macht in New York City im Madison Square Garden von 3. April bis zum 5. April Halt bevor Sie fortfahren in ihrer Weltreise. Modell Naomi Campbell Co-Star in Jacksons "In the Closet" Musikvideo im Jahr 1991 markierte dies als einen der Höhepunkte ihres Lebens. "Ich habe tolle Erinnerungen an Michael, mit ihm zu arbeiten war die größte Freude aller Zeiten", sagte Campbell der Nachrichtenagentur Reuters. Tyra Banks, die im "Black or White" Musik-Video gefeatured wurde bezeichnete den King of Pop als zeitlos. "Kleine Kinder, die noch nie von ihm gehört haben und noch nichts über ihn wissen hüpfen zu seiner Musik sobald sie sie hören und ich denke dies wird für alle Zeiten so sein", sagte Banks. Schauspielerin Glenn Close sagte, sie ist sowohl ein Fan von Jackson als auch vom Cirque und sprach darüber wie sie ihn live im Konzert während seiner Blüte sah. MTV-Reporter Sway Calloway sagte Jackson lehrte die Welt, wie man tanzt und zeigte seine Lieblings-MJ-Bewegung auf dem roten Teppich. Nicht nur das Funny- Mann Tracey Morgan zeigte auch einen Move. Andere Jackson Fans, die die New Yorker Show besuchten umfassten Sänger John Legend, der sich mit seiner Verlobten Chrissy Teigen zeigte.

Edit:
    Die Immortal-Tour weiterhin unangefochten auf Platz 1:

http://www.newstimes.com/news/…3461777.php#ixzz1rBxWaoeK

TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS

1. (1) Cirque du Soleil - "Michael Jackson: The Immortal"; $2,088,392; $111.62.

2. (4) The Black Keys; $626,748; $47.68.

3. (5) Jason Aldean; $614,023; $44.35.

4. (6) Brad Paisley; $586,414; $52.70.

5. (7) Lady Antebellum; $526,780; $49.01.

Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/To…p#ixzz1rCCivTCo

• :bla

Hier ein Auszug aus einen IV mit ParisMatch vom Februar 2012 mit Jermaine:

http://www.parismatch.com/Peop…Jackson-a-ete-tue-374717/

Aujourd’hui, Sony continue de sortir des albums *posthumes et des *compilations. Qu’en pensez-vous ?

Sony se comporte comme une merde.(1) Cette maison de disques oublie ce qu’elle doit à Michael : l’album “Thriller”, le disque le plus vendu de tous les temps. Ses *dirigeants se fichent de l’héritage musical, ils ne s’intéressent qu’à l’argent qu’ils peuvent en tirer.

Vous n’avez pas le pouvoir d’empêcher cela ?

Non. Il y a deux exécutants testamentaires qui ont été désignés. La seule chose que je puisse faire, c’est donner mon avis, tout comme mes parents, mes frères et mes sœurs. Les critiques ont aussi été mauvaises vis-à-vis de la comédie musicale du Cirque du Soleil. Mais c’est normal, Michael lui-même n’aurait jamais approuvé un show si *médiocre.(2) J’espère que son nom ne sera pas souillé par *l’industrie de la musique.

Heute setzt Sony es fort posthume Alben/Complicationen zu veröffentlichen. Was denken Sie darüber?

Sony verhält sich wie Scheiße. Die Plattenfirma vergisst was sie Michael verdankt. Thriller ist die meistverkaufte Platte aller Zeiten. * Ihre Führer pflegen nicht das musikalische Erbe, sie sind nur daran interessiert Geld zu verdienen.

Verfügen Sie nicht über die Macht dies zu verhindern?

Nein. Es gibt zwei Verwalter, die nominiert wurden testamentarisch. Das einzige, was ich tun kann genau wie meine Eltern, meine Brüder und Schwestern ist meine Meinung zu sagen. Die Kritiken für die Cirque du Soleil- Musik-show sind auch armseelig. Das ist okay, denn Michael selbst würde nie so eine schlechte Show genehmigen. Ich hoffe, sein Name wird nicht beschmutzt dadurch, durch die Musikindustrie.

Und das sagte Jermaine im November 2011 nachdem er die Cirque-show gesehen hatte.

Ab ca. 1.55 . Zusammenfasst
    Die show ist großartig, sie ist sehr aufregend, die ganze Produktion ist toll, Greg Phillinganes und all die Leute sind großartig. Die Musik ist toll. Das Publikum liebt die show. Sie machen einen großartigen Job, schwärm, schwärm......

[video=youtube;IRx-APtAJEc]

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    [/video]

• :never

• Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... FRANKFURT Festhalle Frankfurt Fr, 16.11.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... FRANKFURT Festhalle Frankfurt Sa, 17.11.12 16:00 Uhr Tickets ab € 81,50

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... FRANKFURT Festhalle Frankfurt Sa, 17.11.12 20:00 Uhr Tickets ab € 109,60

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... OBERHAUSEN König-Pilsener-ARENA Di, 20.11.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... MÜNCHEN Olympiahalle München Sa, 24.11.12 16:00 Uhr Tickets ab € 63,60

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... MÜNCHEN Olympiahalle München Sa, 24.11.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... MÜNCHEN Olympiahalle München So, 25.11.12 19:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... HANNOVER TUI Arena Mi, 28.11.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... MANNHEIM SAP Arena Mi, 05.12.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... LEIPZIG Arena Leipzig Sa, 08.12.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht erfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... LEIPZIG Arena Leipzig So, 09.12.12 19:00 Uhr Tickets ab € 64,60l

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... HAMBURG o2 World Hamburg Di, 11.12.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... KÖLN LANXESS arena Sa, 15.12.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... KÖLN LANXESS arena So, 16.12.12 19:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... BERLIN o2 World Berlin Mi, 19.12.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour by Cirque ... BERLIN o2 World Berlin Do, 20.12.12 20:00 Uhr z.Zt. nicht verfügbar

laut eventim gibt es kaum noch Tickets.......weiß jemand, ob schon die Tour schon fast ausverkauft ist....:?.....wäre ja genial

[CENTER]Some people like to sleep well and give.
    Some people like to eat well and take.
    I guess, I like to sleep well!

Michael Jackson[/CENTER]

• Hatte mal vor ein paar Wochen (!) zufällig mal nach Tickets für den 5. Dezember in Mannheim geschaut und die wollten glatt rund 100 Euro für irgendwo ganz weit hinten. Bin ich bescheuert?? Kosten Konzertkarten mittlerweile so viel???

• Hatte mal vor ein paar Wochen (!) zufällig mal nach Tickets für den 5. Dezember in Mannheim geschaut und die wollten glatt rund 100 Euro für irgendwo ganz weit hinten. Bin ich bescheuert?? Kosten Konzertkarten mittlerweile so viel???

Naja Cirque du Soleil Karten sind immer extrem teuer :never

• Saxophonist who played for Prince and got noticed by Michael Jackson now honors the King of Pop in Cirque's 'Immortal World Tour' - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Saxophonist, der für Prince spielte und Michael Jackson aufgefallen war, ehrt den King of Pop in der Cirque 'Immortal World Tour "-show

April 12, 2012 12:01 am

By Sharon Eberson / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Saxophonist Mike Phillips was big-game-tested when he was recruited for Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour." After gigs playing the national anthem on opening day for the Kansas City Royals and halftime shows at the Super Bowl with Prince and Stevie Wonder, there's little that can phase you, even playing from a high vantage point that oversees the action of a Cirque show.

"With pyro, lights, the energy from everywhere and a lot of things on the outskirts that assist the music and the presentation, let's put it this way, and I know it sounds crazy, but playing four Super Bowl halftime shows with all of that gets you ready for Cirque," Mr. Phillips said.

Not so crazy. Cirque's "Immortal Tour" is more like a halftime marathon that is now in its sixth month. It includes 32 songs played live to recordings of Michael Jackson's voice, his finger snaps and foot taps, while the band rocks out from its position above the acrobats, dancers and pageantry. The show's sensory assault comes courtesy of writer and director Jamie King, a designer of tours for entertainers such as Rihanna and Madonna, including the latter's 2012 Super Bowl halftime show.

"Immortal" features more than 60 performers from around the world and enough props and equipment to roll into the Petersen Events Center aboard 35 trucks.

It all starts with the music of the late Michael Jackson, with arrangements by his longtime collaborator and "Immortal" music director Greg Phillinganes.

Es beginnt alles mit der Musik des verstorbenen Michael Jackson, mit Arrangements von seinem langjährigen Mitstreiter und "Immortal" Music Director Greg Phillinganes.

"They extracted Michael's masters and custom made and tailored the songs to specific acts ... Cirque is perfect for that," Mr. Phillips said by phone before heading to Pittsburgh. "They have a way of putting together a presentation that will bring you through different moods. Once that happened and I was in rehearsal, I was absolutely amazed. To look at the greatest artist of all time, the King of Pop, and the greatest company that could put on a spectacle like this, I think it's the perfect merger."

"Sie haben Michael`s Masters extrahiert und nach Maß zugeschnitten zu den spezifischen Aufführungen ... Cirque ist perfekt für das," sagte Herr Phillips per Telefon, bevor er nach Pittsburgh aufbrach. "Sie haben eine Art und Weise der Zusammenstellung einer Präsentation, die Sie durch verschiedene Stimmungen bringen wird. Als das passierte und ich war bei den Proben, ich war absolut erstaunt. Zu schauen auf den größten Künstler aller Zeiten, den King of Pop und das größte Unternehmen, dass ein solches Spektakel herausbringen kann, ich denke es ist eine perfekte Fusion.

The show includes a mere few who interacted with Jackson before his death at age 50 in 2009, including several members of the band: bass player Don Boyette, singer Fred White and drummer Jonathan "Sugarfoot" Moffett. Mr. Phillips met the King of Pop on a couple of occasions and performed a jazz saxophone solo on the single "Behind the Mask," a song on the posthumous album "Michael," released in December 2010.

Die Show umfasst einige mehr, die mit Jackson vor seinem Tod im Alter von 50 zusammenarbeiteten, darunter mehrere Mitglieder der Band: Bassist Don Boyette, Sänger und Schlagzeuger Fred White Jonathan "Sugarfoot" Moffett. Herr Phillips traf den King of Pop bei einigen Gelegenheiten und spielte ein Jazz-Saxophon-Solo auf der Single "Behind the Mask", einem Song auf dem posthumen Album "Michael", im Dezember 2010.

"I met him once in Vegas when he came to the Prince show," said Mr. Phillips, who played the Purple One's Musicology tour in 2004. "You know, they always say that Michael and Prince were in competition, and I believe that, but it was a competition with a lot of respect of each other's musical abilities. It was almost like, when you play HORSE in basketball, you see a shot and say, oh, I can make that, or I can do better than that. Even watching Mike and Prince interact that time in Vegas, the way they were looking at each other, they had so much respect.

"Ich traf ihn einmal in Vegas als er die Prince-Show besuchte", sagte Phillips, der die Purple One`s Mucicolgy-tour Tour 2004 mitmachte. "Weißt du, Sie sagen immer, dass Michael und Prince im Wettbewerb waren, und ich glaube das, aber es war ein Wettbewerb mit sehr viel Respekt für die musikalischen Fähigkeiten des anderen. Es war fast so, wenn Sie HORSE spielen im Basketball, Sie sehen einen Schuss und sagen, oh, das kann ich machen, oder kann ich das noch besser machen. Sogar wenn man Mike und Prince interagieren sah in dieser Zeit in Vegas, wie sie einander anblickten, sie hatten so viel Respekt.

"And I met Michael and he shook my hand and looked me straight in the eye and said, 'I truly enjoyed you on saxophone. You're bad.' Those were his words
    verbatim. And I think that's what led to him requesting me for 'Behind the Mask.' "

"Und ich traf Michael und er gab mir die Hand und sah mir direkt in die Augen und sagte: 'Ich habe wirklich Dein Saxophon-Spiel genossen. You`re bad." Das waren seine Worte wortwörtlich. Und ich denke, das führte mich zu ihm als ich für 'Behind the Mask " angefragt wurde.

When Cirque came calling, though, Mr. Phillips wasn't so sure. He had just finished recording "Behind the Mask" when he first heard the pitch from John McClain, co-executor of the Jackson estate.

"I'm out shooting hoops in the back of the studio on Sunset in LA, and he says, 'We're putting together a show for Michael, like a circus show.' And I was like, I don't want to play for that. I didn't know it was Cirque du Soleil. Cirque du Soleil is the creme de la creme of entertainment. So just playing for the circus, I was like, I don't know if I want to do that, brother. Once I found out it was Cirque du Soleil, I called him back and absolutely said yes, but still, I was concerned about how would it work."

Now, from the perspective of six months on the road with the tour, he couldn't be more enthusiastic.

Mr. Phillips often plays gigs at small venues to showcase his solo work, and members of his tour family come along to cheer him on, sometimes joining him to dance on stage.

And from the band space that Mr. Phillips says is the best seat in the house to watch the Cirque show, he can enjoy the work of the performers below -- although it can be distracting.

"From where I stand, I see absolutely everything, which sometimes is not a good thing because there's so much going on that you can get caught up in it and miss a part. I'm not gonna lie, that's happened a couple of times. I'm like, wow, look at that move, and a part just passes."

He said one of the showstoppers who has been known to cause him and the audience to perhaps skip a breath in amazement is the pole dancer. MTV.com wrote of the performance of Felix Cane, two-time world pole-dancing champion, that she "maneuvered in the sky dancing on a pole -- with no harness -- appropriately performing to 'Dangerous,' as the audience was captivated by her every move."

"She's responsible for most of my missed notes," Mr. Phillips said, laughing. "And 'Smooth Criminal.' When they do the lean like the Michael Jackson video, I'm just amazed because they go all the way down to the floor and come back up. It's just like, man ... the only way I can describe it is it's sonic and visual sensory overload."

Mr. Phillips says often that the show is driven by Jackson's voice, and the band has several important roles, notably cues that trigger the action for acrobats and dancers.

Consistency is important, but it doesn't always go by rote. Each stop on the tour provides its own unique spark. The Philadelphia native likes to observe what makes an audience tick.

"Every town has a different energy, and our job is to understand it and tap into it," he said. "Like Detroit, for instance, that's the type of town where they work hard, like Pittsburgh, so if we buy a ticket, we want every bit of our money's worth. In LA, everybody is looking around to see who else is there, looking fabulous. If you're in New York and you're not bringing it hard, they are looking at you like, whatever. And we're in New York now, and they are on their feet. So each venue, each town has a different spirit to them you have to really understand."

While on tour, Mr. Phillips also plies his trade and takes the pulse of cities in smaller venues like the Taboo 2 Bistro & Bar in Atlanta April 25 and the Sheraton Hotel Ballroom in Baltimore May 4. He's played stadiums and arenas, including the Mellon Arena with Prince back in 2004.

As the Cirque tour stretches through the United States and Canada before heading to Europe in October, Mr. Phillips said the big show and his smaller shows provide a perfect career balance, even for someone who has played President Clinton's Inaugural Gala at The Kennedy Center, the 80th birthday celebration for President Nelson Mandela in South Africa, the Billboard Music Awards, TV appearances and oh, yeah, those halftime gigs.

For now, he's happy to be a part of this particular circus as long as it lasts, because it honors The Man he calls "the greatest entertainer of all time."

"One of my favorite quotes goes something like, 'You might forget what someone said to you, sometimes you might forget what they do, but you'll never forget how they made you feel.' At the end of the night, that's what this is all about. Making people feel Michael's spirit through the presentation that only Cirque can put together."

Im Moment ist er glücklich, ein Teil dieses besonderen Zirkus sein, solange es dauert, weil es ehrt den Mann, den er als "den größte Entertainer aller Zeiten" bezeichnet.

"Eines meiner Lieblingszitate lautet in etwa so:" Man kann vergessen, was jemand zu dir gesagt hat, man mag vergessen,was sie tun, aber du wirst nie vergessen, wie sie Dich fühlen ließen. " Am Ende der Nacht, das ist es um was es hier geht. Die Leute Michaels Geist spüren lassen durch die Präsentation, die nur Cirque zusammenstellen kann.

• Hier hat ein Fan alle Verkaufszahlen/Besuchszahlen der bisherigen shows zusammengestellt. Er akualisiert die Liste auch stetig.
    http://www.mjjcommunity.com/fo…ORE?p=3610979#post3610979

Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil ~ BOXSCORE

Dates - Venue, City, State, Country - Gross Sales - Attendance - (number of shows)
    •October 2-3, 2011 - Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada - $2.597.901 - 22,743 - (2)
    •October 7-9, 2011 - Scotiabank Place, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - $3.388.411 - 30,147 - (3)
    •October 12-13, 2011 - Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada - no data - (2)
    •October 15, 2011 - Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan, USA - $1.138.224 - 10,112 - (1)
    •October 18-19, 2011 - John Labatt Centre, London, Ontario, Canada - $1.415.734 - 12,467 - (2)
    •October 21-23, 2011 - Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada - $4.443.233 - 35,907 - (3)
    •October 26-27, 2011 - MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - $1.370.942 - 12,358 - (2)
    •October 29, 2011 - Credit Union Centre, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada - $1.109.075 - 9,416 - (1)
    •November 1-2, 2011 - Rexall Place, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - $2.409.453 - 19,131 - (2)
    •November 4-6, 2011 - Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - $3.911.683 - 32,589 - (3)
    •November 9-10, 2011 - KeyArena, Seattle, Washington, USA - $1.704.425 - 14,531 - (2)
    •November 12, 2011 - Spokane Arena, Spokane, Washington, USA - $715.381 - 6,358 - (1)
    •November 15, 2011 - Matthew Knight Arena, Eugene, Oregon, USA - $463.578 - 3,869 - (1)
    •November 18-19, 2011 - Rose Quarter, Portland, Oregon, USA - $1.362.235 - 12,324 - (2)
    •December 3-27, 2011 - Mandalay Bay Events Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - $14.470.106 - 139,969 - (32)
    •December 30-31, 2011 - US Airways Center, Phoenix, Arizona, USA - $1.825.233 - 16,149 - (2)
    •January 3, 2012 - Taco Bell Arena, Boise, Idaho, USA - $603.818 - 5,647 - (1)
    •January 6-8, 2012 - Pepsi Center Arena, Denver, Colorado, USA - $2.552.443 - 23,078 - (3)
    •January 10-11, 2012 - Power Balance Pavilion, Sacramento, California, USA - $1.323.679 - 13,507 - (2)
    •January 13-15, 2012 - HP Pavilion at San Jose, San Jose, California, USA - $3.281.784 - 31,155 - (3)
    •January 17-19, 2012 - Oracle Arena, Oakland, California, USA - $3.448.610 - 31,785 - (3)
    •January 21-22, 2012 - Valley View Casino Center, San Diego, California, USA - $1.609.176 - 14,928 - (2)
    •January 24-25, 2012 - Honda Center, Anaheim, California, USA - $1.481.242 - 12,979 - (2)
    •January 27-29, 2012 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, California, USA - $3.867.569 - 31,632 - (3)
    •February 7-8, 2012 - Scottrade Center, St. Louis, Missouri, USA - $1.161.543 - 11,989 - (2)
    •February 10-12, 2012 - Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, USA - $3.627.938 - 30,548 - (3)
    •February 15-16, 2012 - New Orleans Arena, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA - $1.264.312 - 12,097 - (2)
    •February 18-19, 2012 - BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - $1.156.139 - 10,212 - (2)
    •February 21-22, 2012 - Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri, USA - no data - (2)
    •February 24-25, 2012 - Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - $1.707.418 - 13,975 - (2)
    •February 28-29, 2012 - Amway Center, Orlando, Florida, USA - $2.200.201 - 19,288 - (2)
    •March 2-4, 2012 - AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami, Florida, USA - $4.296.135 - 35,105 - (3)
    •March 7-8, 2012 - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, Florida, USA - $905.144 - 9,463 - (2)
    •March 10-11, 2012 - RBC Center, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - $1.376.253 - 12,793 - (2)
    •March 13-14, 2012 - Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - $1.100.604 - 10,369 - (2)
    •March 16-17, 2012 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - $1.518.631 - 13,828 - (2)
    •March 20-22, 2012 - Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada - $3.646.620 - 28,504 - (3)
    •March 24-25, 2012 - Quebec Colisee Pepsi, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada - $1.719.960 - 14,090 - (2)
    •March 27-28, 2012 - Target Center Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - $1.775.154 - 16,204 - (2)
    •March 30-31, April 1, 2012 - Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey, USA - $2.662.658 - 24,452 - (3)
    •April 3-5, 2012 - Madison Square Garden Arena, New York, New York, USA - $3.794.245 - 29,007 - (3)
    •April 7-8, 2012 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, New York, USA - $1.823.742 - 16,935 - (2)

TOTAL as of April 9, 2012:
    Gross Sales: $96.230.632
    Attendance:

Number of venues / (shows): 40*^ / (117)*
    * Since there is no data (for Gross Sales & Attendance) for 2 cities (venues) I didn't include them in this calculation
    ^ Total number of different venues is 39, Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada was visited twice (in October 2011 and March 2012)

Note: In early December 2011 it was reported that the show already approached $100 million in ticket sales, and later it was reported that the show has taken more than $100 million in America but I would like to point out that in those numbers were also included tickets sold for future shows.
    By my estimation, the total earnings in North America before going to Europe will be over $150 million

Und hier die aktuelle Top 20-Liste bei Konzert-Touren Nord- Amerika:

http://news.yahoo.com/top-20-c…s-pollstar-214845584.html

The Top 20 Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price for shows in North America. The previous week's ranking is in parentheses. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.

TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS

1. (1) Cirque du Soleil - "Michael Jackson: The Immortal"; $2,076,862; $112.63.

2. (3) Jason Aldean; $614,023; $44.35.

3. (2) The Black Keys; $598,271; $47.50.

4. (4) Brad Paisley; $586,414; $52.70.

5. (5) Lady Antebellum; $526,780; $49.01.

• 5th London Immortal World Tour performance added due to unprecedented demand

Due to unprecedented demand and three tour dates already sold out, an additional performance has been added to the London leg of Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour. This takes the amount of London performances up to five.

The additional tour date is Wednesday 17th October at 8.00pm at the O2 Arena London. This new date is in addition to the already announced performances which have all sold out on 12th, 13th 14th October 2012. The performance on 16th October still has some limited availability.

Quelle: Malibu FC//User dort hat leider keine Quelle angegeben
    :tatort

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!