Der Prozess / Die Tage in Folge.. / DISKUSSIONSTHREAD zu den Geschehnissen und Aussagen

• Prosecutor: Murray Should Pay Hefty Fine

Michael Jackson's Doctor To Be Sentenced For Involuntary Manslaughter

By Alan Duke CNN

POSTED: 12:53 pm EST November 24, 2011

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- When a judge sentences Dr. Conrad Murray next week for involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson, he can choose anything from simple probation to up to four years in prison plus a hefty payment.

Prosecutors, in a sentencing memo filed this week, asked for the maximum, four years behind bars. They also want Murray to pay Jackson's children more than $100 million in restitution.

Defense lawyers, in their filing, asked for probation, not prison time, in light of the "manifold collateral consequences" Murray is suffering because of the felony conviction, including the loss of his medical career.

A jury found Murray guilty this month of causing Jackson's death on June 25, 2009. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor set Tuesday for Murray's sentencing.

The coroner ruled Jackson died from a fatal combination of the surgical anesthetic propofol and sedatives, which prosecutors blamed on Murray's reckless efforts to help Jackson sleep.

Murray has "displayed a complete lack of remorse" about Jackson's death, and is "even worse, failing to accept even the slightest level of responsibility," deputy district attorneys David Walgren and Deborah Brazil wrote in a sentencing memorandum filed Wednesday.

The prosecutors cited Murray's decision not to testify in his own defense, even while he was giving interviews for a documentary that aired days after the verdict.

"In each of these interviews, the defendant has very clearly stated that he bears no responsibility for Michael Jackson's death," the prosecutors said. "Moreover, the defendant has continued to express concern only for his individual plight and portrays himself, not the decedent, as the victim."

"I don't feel guilty because I did not do anything wrong," Murray said in the documentary quoted by the prosecution.

"Finally, the defendant consistently blames the victim for his own death, even going so far as to characterize himself as being 'entrapped' by the victim and as someone who suffered a 'betrayal' at the hands of the victim," the prosecutors said.

Jackson's death came as he was preparing for a series of comeback concerts in London, which the defense argued caused great pressure on the singer to seek sleep or risk having the concerts canceled.

The prosecutors contend in their sentencing memo that Murray should be ordered to pay Jackson's three children restitution for the subsequent "wage and profits lost," as provided under California's "victim's bill of rights" law.

"The (Michael Jackson) estate estimates Michael Jackson's projected earnings for the 50-show O2 concert series to be $100,000,000," the prosecutors said.

With nearly $2 million in funeral expenses and 10% interest added each year, the prosecution is asking Pastor to order Murray to pay Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson more than $120 million in restitution.

While it is doubtful that Murray, who is unlikely to ever practice medicine again, could pay much of that sum, it could prevent him from reaping financial benefits from any books, interviews or film projects in the future.

The defense sentencing memo asking for probation and no jail time included a biography of Murray that described him as "a self-made man of humble origins."

"He was raised in a home that lacked indoor plumbing or electricity, and he walked to school barefoot for his first couple years of school," the defense said.

Murray paid his own way through medical school without scholarships or family funds, it said.

He worked as a doctor for 20 years, with "no prior contacts with the law," and many of his patients were elderly in low-income, underserved communities, the defense said.

"It seems reasonable that the transgression for which he is to be judged should be viewed within the context of the larger life of which it is a part," it said.

The defense filing challenges the prosecution's contention that Murray is not remorseful.

"Dr. Murray wishes to make it unmistakenly clear to everyone that he deeply mourns the loss of Michael Jackson's life, and he profoundly regrets any mistakes or oversights on his part that may have contributed to it," the defense said.

The judge should also consider "the manifold collateral consequences that Dr. Murray has sustained as a result of his mistake," the defense said, including the loss of his medical career, the public disgrace and loss of privacy.

"Dr. Murray has been described as a changed, grief-stricken man, who walks around under a pall of sadness since the loss of his patient, Mr. Jackson," the defense said.

The defense memo included a letter from Murray's elderly mother, Milta Rush. She sat in court for much of her son's trial, just a few feet away from Katherine Jackson, the mother of Michael Jackson.

"I sympathize with Mrs. Jackson as a mother," Rush wrote in a letter to the judge. "I sense she was very close to her son. I really wanted to approach her personally and tell her I am sorry for the loss of her son but I was unsure if she would be receptive, and I did not want to take the chance of violating court rules. I am sorry for all her loss."

While Murray's mother told the judge her son is "saddened and remorseful" about Jackson's death, she said "his compassion and his soft heartedness for others led to this dilemma."

The defense contends that Murray was trying to help Jackson, who was desperate for sleep so he could be ready for rehearsals. "His compassionate intentions should not be overlooked," it said.

"The victim was a willing recipient of the medications administered," the defense said. "In fact, Mr. Jackson had repeatedly begged Dr. Murray for propofol to overcome his insomnia so that he could sleep."

Murray does not pose a safety threat to the public, it said. "The likelihood of recurrence is essentially nonexistent since Conrad Murray's medical license has been suspended."

Aside from the arguments of what Murray deserves, the defense contends California's prison and jail overcrowding mean that "neither the space nor the public funds exist to continue imprisoning non-violent, non-dangerous offenders who do not need to be incapacitated for the sake of public safety."

"Dr. Murray is clearly such a defendant," the defense said. "He is an individual who remained free on bond for more than two years prior to the jury verdict, adhering assiduously to all of the bond conditions that had been imposed."

If Murray takes up a state prison or county jail cell, it "may mean that someone else with higher potential for violence will be released," the defense said.

Instead, the defense proposed that Murray could be sentenced to community service along with probation.

"Though he will perhaps not again be a doctor qualified to make diagnoses, he could educate and counsel patients about heart care and disease prevention," it said. "There are many non-profit clinics and organizations that would benefit from his participation, if ordered to perform community service as a condition of his sentence and a means of 'putting some water back into the public well.'"

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/entertainm…detail.html#ixzz1ehKYvUgX

http://www.wmur.com/entertainment/29851639/detail.html

• dass er sonst noch nicht mit dem gesetz in konflikt kam, stimmt ja nicht so ganz...
    zumindest hat er kreditschulden,
    er hat steuerschulden,
    und er hat unterhaltsschulden.

und einer dem finanziell das wasser am arsch kocht, hat wohl ne niedrigere hemmschwelle als einer, der nicht solche horrorsummen schuldig ist.
    davon ab ists wie ich schon sagte...die meisten - um nicht zu sagen alle menschen sind erstmal unschuldig..
    der brutalste mörder war vor der ersten tat unschuldig.
    also dass murray 20 jahre 'unbescholten' war, hat soviel aussagewert wie ein warmer furz.
    sorry, aber ist doch so :skepsis
    finde es klasse, dass walgren/brazil die selbstgefällige betrachtung seiner eigenen person zur sprache bringen,
    und seine völlige ignoranz, was seine schuld angeht.

wenn er nicht ne deutliche strafe bekommt, geht er raus, und macht genauso weiter, wie bisher,
    weil er meint, ER habe ja alles richtig gemacht...
    gott bewahre alle menschen davor, dass er jemals wieder 'doc' spielen kann :kotz

• Ich würde Murray ja gerne mal ins "Bettchen" packen, eine Infusion anlegen :ja
    Als Einstieg gibt es dann FLANGAZEPAM :D, natürlich gering dosiert - er soll ja alles mitbekommen :pfeif
    Und dann zeige ich ihm das Propofolfläschen :D, immer mal wieder etwas von dem Zeug - aber nicht zuviel, dem soll der A**** auf Grundeis gehen :D
    Na und das spielen wir dann mal ein paar Wochen, ganz klar ohne Überwachungmonitore - wer brauch schon so was :oberlehrer

• Ich würde Murray ja gerne mal ins "Bettchen" packen, eine Infusion anlegen :ja
    Als Einstieg gibt es dann FLANGAZEPAM :D, natürlich gering dosiert - er soll ja alles mitbekommen :pfeif
    Und dann zeige ich ihm das Propofolfläschen :D, immer mal wieder etwas von dem Zeug - aber nicht zuviel, dem soll der A**** auf Grundeis gehen :D
    Na und das spielen wir dann mal ein paar Wochen, ganz klar ohne Überwachungmonitore - wer brauch schon so was :oberlehrer

:lol: "Ins Bettchen packen" :rofl Und ich dacht schon an was anderes :lmao

Aber bei DEM Vorhaben, helf ich dir gerne :ja :kicher

• wenn er nicht ne deutliche strafe bekommt, geht er raus, und macht genauso weiter, wie bisher,
    weil er meint, ER habe ja alles richtig gemacht...

Dass er alles richtig gemacht hat, davon ist er auch nach einer Bestrafung noch überzeugt. Der Kerl ist so dämlich und primitiv, allein dafür gehört er schon gehängt!

Ich würde Murray ja gerne mal ins "Bettchen" packen, eine Infusion anlegen :ja

Ich würde ihm gerne einen Kondomkatheter anlegen - aber auf meine Weise. Einen Vorteil hat seine Körpergröße: Da ist so viel Fläche da, da könnte man sich echt austoben... :voodoo

• Michael Jackson: Dr. Murray soll 75 Millionen Entschädigung zahlen

Promiarzt Dr. Conrad Murray soll laut der Anklage den Kindern von Michael Jackson 75 Millionen Euro Entschädigung für den Verlust des Vaters bezahlen.Der Mediziner wurde vor einigen Wochen wegen fahrlässiger Tötung an Michael Jackson (?50) verurteilt. Der King of Pop starb vor zwei Jahren an einer akuten Propofol-Vergiftung, das Murray ihm verabreicht hatte.

Am 29. November wird bei einem weiteren Gerichtstermin das Strafmaß für die Tat verkündet. ‘TMZ’ will jetzt aus Dokumenten der Staatsanwaltschaft erfahren haben, dass den Promiarzt neben einer Gefängnisstrafe auch Entschädigungszahlungen erwarten. Er soll eine hohe Summe bezahlen, weil den Kindern durch den Tod ihres Vaters dessen Einkommen entgehe.

Die Kinder des Stars Prince, Paris und Blanket, gelten vor dem Gesetz als Opfer und haben ein Recht auf Entschädigung. Es heißt, man schätze den Ertrag der geplanten ‘This is it’-Tour auf rund 75 Millionen Euro. Die Staatsanwälte werden auch die Höchststrafe von vier Jahren hinter Gittern für Conrad Murray fordern.

Man wolle eine möglichst harte Strafe für den Mann, denn er habe jeden Abend das Leben des Stars aufs Spiel gesetzt, indem er ihm ein starkes Narkosemedikament gegen dessen Schlafstörungen gespritzt habe. Zudem sei Michael Jackson ein “besonders gefährdetes Opfer gewesen” und Conrad Murray habe gelogen, um seine Tat zu verschleiern.

http://www.showbiz.de/2011/11/…nen-entschadigung-zahlen/

:?:?:? Kann er doch sowieso nicht zahlen.......

[CENTER]Some people like to sleep well and give.
    Some people like to eat well and take.
    I guess, I like to sleep well!

Michael Jackson[/CENTER]

• Michael Jackson: Dr. Murray soll 75 Millionen Entschädigung zahlen
    Kann er doch sowieso nicht zahlen.......

eben, wovon denn, er hat doch vor rd. 2 1/2 jahren seinen lukrativen arbeitgeber (patienten) durch sein inkompetentes, seit monaten fahrlässiges verhalten um die ecke gebracht :kotz

[SIZE="7"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="7"][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [CENTER][/CENTER]

Gone to soon... We never forget you :ehre

• ^ Das ist ja auch das Ziel dieser Strafe. Er soll nicht nach 4 läppischen Jahren wieder sein Leben "normal" weiterleben sondern wird bis an sein Lebensende daran zu knapsen haben und das ist auch gut so. Da kann er sich für so unschuldig halten wie er meint, aus der Nummer kommt er NIE WIEDER raus. Ich frage mich nur, als was er dann arbeiten wird, denn einen Arztkittel wird er nie wieder anziehen dürfen (ich hoffe, das gilt weltweit und nicht nur für Kalifornien).

• ^ Das ist ja auch das Ziel dieser Strafe. Er soll nicht nach 4 läppischen Jahren wieder sein Leben "normal" weiterleben sondern wird bis an sein Lebensende daran zu knapsen haben und das ist auch gut so. Da kann er sich für so unschuldig halten wie er meint, aus der Nummer kommt er NIE WIEDER raus. Ich frage mich nur, als was er dann arbeiten wird, denn einen Arztkittel wird er nie wieder anziehen dürfen (ich hoffe, das gilt weltweit und nicht nur für Kalifornien).

Ich kenn mich da jetzt nicht so gut aus, aber so viel ich weiß (bzw. glaube), kann ein "amerikanischer" Arzt sowieso nicht einfach so in anderen Ländern praktizieren, sondern braucht dort auch erst eine Zulassung :ja

• ^ Das hoffe ich doch. Ich hoffe außerdem, dass ihm die Zulassung auch für ganz Amerika entzogen wird. Oft ist bei den Amis ja auch so, dass Dinge, die du z.B. in Kalifornien nicht machen darfst, in anderen Bundesstaaten dennoch erlaubt sind. :blossnet

• [h=1] Dr. Murray's Mom Begs Judge for Mercy [/h]
    Dr. Conrad Murray's mother says she's "suffering" from overwhelming sadness because her only son is incarcerated -- and has begged the judge to go easy on the Doc when it comes to his sentence.

Mrs. Milta Rush sent a letter to Judge Pastor -- explaining why Murray deserves mercy ... because he's a good person who has "never drank alcohol, took drugs or smoked cigarettes in his life."

Milta explains, "He has never been in trouble with the law before and I am barely standing, scared and worried sick about him being incarcerated."

"He is saddened and remorseful about the death of his friend Michael Jackson and I do believe he is certainly learning the toughest lesson of his life."

Milta continues, "I sympathize with Mrs. Jackson as a mother; I feel her pain for having lost her son. I sense she was very close to her son. I really wanted to approach her personally and tell her I am sorry for the loss of her son but I was unsure if she would be receptive, and I did not want to take the chance of violating the courts rules. I am sorry for her loss."

"Judge Pastor, Conrad, is my son and as a mother I must say I know him inside out. He is sorry for what happened to Michael and had no intent towards him."

"I humbly beg for your heart felt consideration of everything I have said about Conrad, and ask for your compassion and leniency in giving him probation or community service."

Dr. Murray's sentencing hearing is scheduled for tomorrow.

Die Mutter sollte sich lieber dafür entschuldigen, so einen schrecklichen "Menschen" auf die Welt gebracht zu haben.

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER][CENTER]"Mein Herz...mein Verstand...sind gebrochen. Ich liebte Michael mit meiner ganzen Seele und ich kann mir kein Leben ohne ihn vorstellen. Ich glaube nicht, dass jemand wusste, wie sehr wir einander liebten. Oh Gott, ich werde ihn so vermissen!" Elizabeth Taylor[/CENTER]

• "He is saddened and remorseful about the death of his friend Michael Jackson and I do believe he is certainly learning the toughest lesson of his life."

:würg..das kann er aber sehr gut verbergen...und was dazu lernen..:never..DER net..is ja immer noch voll von seiner kompletten Unschuld überzeugt und schiebt mehr oder weniger seinem Pateienten die ganze Schuld zu..ich kotz gleich..echt :kotz

• naja, dass eltern ihren sohn schützen/unterstützen ist ja nun nicht verwerflich, völlig normal.
    ich wünsche diesem misthaufen auch die pest an den hals.
    aber die eltern können nichts dafür, ich bin sicher, dass sie selbst sehr drunter leiden,
    und die welt nicht mehr verstehn...zumal sie ja auch schon was älter sind..müssen ja um 80 rum oder älter sein..

• Die Eltern werden das ganze aus einer anderen Sicht sehen, Kind bleibt Kind :ja
    Das sie zu Ihrem Sohn halten ist doch völlig normal, das die Presse das wieder mal ausschlachtet auch :bild

Für uns ist er das Stück Dreck das Michael getötet hat, für sie ist er einfach nur Sohn .............

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!