Slave to the Rhythm - Justin Bieber biebst mit Michael's Song

• ^ das eine schliesst doch das andere nicht zwingend aus, oder?
    nach MJs 'ordnung' würds mich nicht wundern, wenn ein song (möglicherweise in verschiedenen stadien) 'verteilt' auf mehrere festplatten/datenträger wäre.
    und ob der clan ne ahnung davon hat, was genau schon 'draussen' ist oder nicht - das bezweifle ich stark :P

• Irgendwie amüsiert mich das ganze ein wenig...
    Die justin bieber Fans sind ja zu 90 pro alles unter 16 jährige schreimädchens die im Moment allesamt einen richtigen ersten hörorgasmus abbekommen... Gut dass sie mal was ordentliches zu hören bekommen!

Ne im ernst... Bin zu alt für diese Bravo Diskussion und schalte mich zu diesem Thema hiermit offiziell aus.

:D

• ^ das eine schliesst doch das andere nicht zwingend aus, oder?
    nach MJs 'ordnung' würds mich nicht wundern, wenn ein song (möglicherweise in verschiedenen stadien) 'verteilt' auf mehrere festplatten/datenträger wäre.
    und ob der clan ne ahnung davon hat, was genau schon 'draussen' ist oder nicht - das bezweifle ich stark :P

Tricky arbeitete aber erst 2010, also posthum an dem Track (und die fertige Vocal-Spur hatte ja nicht mal DJ Stolen). Auf jenen Festplatten aus Michael's Villa kann dies also nicht existiert haben.

Es wäre allerdings möglich - was ich aber persönlich für unwahrscheinlich halte - dass die Familie irgendwie Tricky's Arbeit erhielt. Nur wieso sollte DENEN jemand Multi-Tracks zukommen lassen?

Im Moment denke ich, dass der Mist hier vom MJ Estate abgesegnet worden ist. Der Produzent "Max Methods" dankt diesem in seinem aktuellem Tweet zum Leak. Dass Justin den Unterschied zwischen MJ Estate und MJ's Familie nicht kapiert, wäre für sein Alter einleuchtend. Schließlich hat er wohl nur die Kids getroffen, die Nachlassverwalter kennt er wahrscheinlich gar nicht erst.

• ich weiss nicht. das ganze gewirr, wer da alles wo und wie die finger in michaels sachen hat, geht mir gehörig auf den nerv.
    SEINE arbeit sollte auch SEINEN namen tragen. und NUR seinen.
    nicht von so nem teenie-poser mal eben so mißbraucht werden,
    der sich damit mal wieder positiv in szene setzen will,
    nachdem er in den letzten monaten eher negative schlagzeilen hatte.

• Michael Jackson’s “Slave to the Rhythm” remixed as a duet with Justin Bieber

by Damien Shields Posted on August 16, 2013

A newly remixed version of Michael Jackson’s unreleased track “Slave To The Rhythm” has appeared online, first via Soundcloud and then all over YouTube, featuring new vocals recorded by Justin Bieber.

The track, for which Max Methods is given production credit, has been re-imagined as a duet between Justin Bieber and his idol, the King of Pop.

Reaction among Jackson fans hasn’t exactly been positive, with many of them suggesting a protest to an official release.
    “I think we the MJ fan community need to rally together and protest against this disaster of a song before it gets officially released. Why don’t we all contact the estate and show our disapproval? This is disgraceful!” said one fan on a Michael Jackson discussion board.
    “I’m gonna be sick,” added another.

At this stage there has been no official word from The Michael Jackson Estate or Sony Music as to whether; a) the duet is official or not, or b) it is being considered for release or not. However, Jackson fans were quick to note that Michael’s vocals on this new version seem to be clearer than on the solo version that leaked in December 2010 (see below), and that the a cappella has been used to create this new mix.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vri-hn2JxKc']Michael Jackson Slave To The Rhythm video - YouTube[/ame]

Above: Tricky Stewart’s 2010 production of “Slave To The Rhythm” which was considered for release on the ‘Michael’ album. Ultimately it did not make the final track listing.

No a cappella of “Slave To The Rhythm” is publicly available, so the person who compiled this duet version with Bieber likely had direct access to the original Jackson vocal track. That seemingly eliminates the possibility that this could merely be a fan-made remix.
    Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins, a producer who collaborated with the King of Pop for two years straight, between 1999 and 2001, has recently been working with Justin Bieber.

Jerkins, who produced Jackson’s “You Rock My World” and Bieber’s “As Long As You Love Me”, stated that he felt a Jackson / Bieber duet is something he could have arranged had Michael not passed away.

“I think if Michael [Jackson] was alive I would have been able to make a meeting happen and actually get them to do something together,” said the producer.

Could Jerkins have helped arrange this posthumous duet? (The answer is: no – see update further down) If so, it wouldn’t have been the first time Jerkins has teed up a feature from the grave.
    In fact, Michael Jackson’s 2001 ‘Invincible’ album includes a song called “Unbreakable” – produced and co-written by Jerkins. “Unbreakable” features a verse by Notorious B.I.G – four years after the legendary rapper’s death!

Furthermore, back in late 2010, around the time that the first posthumous Michael Jackson album was released by Sony Music, there was talk that the next MJ project would be a complete album of newly crafted duets.

Teddy Riley, who produced music for Jackson on a number of occasions during his life (including tracks for 1991′s ‘Dangerous’ album and 2001′s ‘Invincible’) stated that because much of Jackson’s unreleased work was incomplete, duets would be built using what was available.

“He would do is go in and do the first verse, and the chorus, and he would not do a second verse,” said Riley of Jackson’s habits when writing or recording demos. “It’s just to get the idea down. So the next album that’s coming, and I don’t want to say too much, but the next album that’s coming is a duet album with a lot of great artists, because he only did first verses.”

This is the way Jackson worked in order to decipher which tracks he felt good about, and which he didn’t.

“What I do when I write is that I’ll do a raggedy, rough version just to hear the chorus, just to see how much I like the chorus,” explained Jackson. “If it works for me that way when it’s raggedy, then I’ll know it will just work … I do that same process with every song. It’s the melody. It’s the melody that’s most important. If the melody can sell me then I’ll go to the next step.”

One of the main sticking points for Michael Jackson fans is that “Slave To The Rhythm” is a track Jackson completed during his life – recording all the lead and backing vocals himself.

“Michael finished it on his own when he was alive. There’s no reason for Justin to be singing on it,” said one fan.

“No future Michael Jackson songs should be released as duets unless the duet was actually recorded with Michael when he was still alive. Slapping modern singers on these unreleased songs is just really disrespectful,” agreed another.

Despite the resistance from the more hardcore Jackson-enthusiasts, if the track were to be released it would almost certainly be a global hit. Justin Bieber’s fans around the world will undoubtedly support anything he puts out, as will many of the King of Pop’s fans.
    UPDATE: Shortly following the publication of this article Justin Bieber tweeted the following…
    [INDENT]Excited for what is to come. MJ set the bar. Not only for music but for being an entertainer and how u treat the fans. Wish he was here…
    — Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) August 16, 2013
    [/INDENT][INDENT]All of it is not always easy but it is a blessing. We can change the world. I’m up for the challenge. Big things ahead! #greatness. love you
    — Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) August 16, 2013
    [/INDENT]Is Justin’s acknowledgement of the situation a confirmation that the track is official and coming soon?

UPDATE: Rodney Jerkins has confirmed that he had no involvement in the recording, production or leak of this track.
    Jerkins was kind enough to offer me the following insights about the track, which was recorded way back in 1989:

“‘Slave To The Rhythm’ was produced by LA Reid and Babyface. I remember MJ played me that song along time ago. It was originally recorded for the ‘Dangerous’ LP.”
    Although Jackson brought the song to Jerkin’s attention during the ‘Invincible’ recording sessions, the pair did not re-work the track and it was not considered for the album.
    “He played it for me one day just to see what I thought. I like the song, but what Michael song don’t I like? I love all his music!”
    Regarding the newly remixed version, Jerkins recalled Jackson’s views on the style of music used:
    “Michael Jackson didn’t like techno music at all.”

In response to the leak The Michael Jackson Estate, via their mouthpiece ‘The MJ Online Team’, have issued the following statement:

“For those who have been asking about the recently posted recording of
    “Slave 2 The Rhythm” by Michael and Justin Bieber,
    this recording was not authorized and has been taken down.” – August 16, 2013

It also appears the producer of the track, Max Methods, has addressed the issue via Twitter. IF the account is legit, the DJ stated the following:
    [INDENT]Wow.been getting hit up abt this @MichaelJackson Ft. @Justinbieber record all day. I have so much respect for the Jackson Estate and…
    — Maxmethods (@MaxMethods) August 17, 2013
    [/INDENT][INDENT]it was an honor to work on this record….but its unfortunate that the record leaked before it was ready.
    — Maxmethods (@MaxMethods) August 17, 2013
    [/INDENT]FYI: Until today, the @MaxMethods Twitter account had not posted in more than two years, since February 20, 2011. The account is not verified and only has 268 followers.

Sony Music Entertainment is continuing to work around the clock to remove dozens of video uploads of the track from YouTube.

http://www.damienshields.com/m…-duet-with-justin-bieber/

• irgendwie drehts mich, ist wie ein schlimmer Albtraum :stars

Hab hier langsam echt das Gefühl das der Estate Verstärkung benötigt.
    In Sachen Finanzen sind die ja top, aber alles was Michaels Musik angeht, sind die total Banane. Die This Is It Doku haben die ja noch gut hinbekommen, aber alles danach ohjee ohjee.

...ich warte jetzt auf das neue Album: Michael Jackson äh Justin sings Michael Jackson Songs. :kotz:kotz:kotz

Glaub schlimmer kann es gar nicht mehr werden...

Zum Glück haben wir die Michael Solo Version. Glaub sonst würden hier einige durchdrehen.

• Also was ich daran besonders peinlich finde, ist ja wie JB versucht genau wie Michael zu singen, also komplett Michaels Originalversion, da ist nichts eigenes dran.

sigoyf.jpg
    Para amarte
    Necesito una razón
    Y es difícil creer
    Que no exista una más que este amor
    Pero olvidaste una final instrucción
    Porque aún no se como vivir sin tu amor

• Das stimmt, er hat 1:1 versucht, die Michael Vocals zu kopieren (auch typische Michael adlibs, "ah", etc.)

Was an der MJ/Bieber Kombination gut ist, dass Michael ihn in Grund und Boden singt, z. B. 2:22 -2:29, 2:45-2:58.
    Aber ob die Beliebers das wahrnehmen können ;D

Als alternativer Clubmix auf der single (aber ohne Bieber) würde ich den Mix super finden, Neben dem Tricky Mix + Orginal versteht sich.

• Das einzige was ich ander JB Version gut finde sind die stellenweise vorkommenden fast Acapella-artigen Vocals von MJ. Ist eigentlich ne Acapella von Slave to the rhythmg eleakt? Sonst ist der Beat des Tricky Mixes besser, Justins Backgroundvocals beim Chorus kommen nicht mal ansatzweise an MJs solchen und Justins Stimme kommt mir schwer bearbeitet vor, damit sie möglichst nach MJs klingt.

• Wenn ihr euch z.B. "Be alright" von JB anhört, da klingt seine Stimme doch komplett anders, so bubimäßig wie ich es doch auch in Erinnerung hatte und das ist von seinem letzten Album, gut ein Jahr alt sagt wikipedia.

sigoyf.jpg
    Para amarte
    Necesito una razón
    Y es difícil creer
    Que no exista una más que este amor
    Pero olvidaste una final instrucción
    Porque aún no se como vivir sin tu amor

• Ich finde die Bridge vom instrumentalen her super untermalt, ist dramatischer als beim tricky beat. Ich möchte die Max Methods Version mit 100% MJ Vocals haben.

Finde ich absolut und 100% garnicht :) Aber Geschmackssache...denn genau diese Stelle ist mir direkt sehr negativ bei der Version von Bieber aufgestoßen, weil mir diese Keyboard-Synthesizer von Michael um Welten besser gefallen als das bei Justin....das groovt viel mehr bei Michael---und passt mehr zu Michael, weils nunmal Michaels Sound ist und darum liebe ich es auch mehr :top

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!