Michael Jackson in JAPAN

• Michael Jackson plans appearance in Tokyo, visits to Asian cities
    LINDA DEUTSCH
    Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Pop star Michael Jackson on Saturday will make his first public appearance since his trial acquittal last June, flying to Tokyo to accept MTV Japan's "Legend Award," his spokeswoman said Thursday.

Jackson's participation in the award ceremony at Yoyugi Olympic Stadium will launch an Asian tour by Jackson, who will also visit Singapore, Shanghai and Hong Kong, spokeswoman Raymone K. Bain said in a telephone interview from her Washington, D.C., office.

Bain, who said she was en route to the airport to join Jackson in Tokyo, said the star plans to visit orphanages, tour the city of Tokyo and meet with members of the Asian business community during his trip.

Jackson has been living in Bahrain since his acquittal last June on child molestation charges in Santa Maria, Calif.

The Asian tour is being organized by Broderick D. Morris, chief executive of Positive Productions Yokohama, an entertainment promotions company, Bain said.

Morris was quoted in a press release praising Jackson's many accomplishments as an artist.

"Michael Jackson is a legend. ... He loves Japan and we love him," Morris said. "We look forward to welcoming him."

Jackson was quoted as saying, "I look forward to my visit to Japan because I have so many fond memories of my visits there. I thank MTV Japan for this honor and Mr. Morris for spearheading this visit.

"I look forward to seeing old friends and saying hello to my huge fan base in Japan who, like my other fans around the world, have for so many years consistently shown their love and support to me and my family."

Bain said that Jackson plans to return to recording and hopes to release a new album in 2007. Meanwhile, she said work continues on the song he has planned as a charity fundraiser for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

"We are hoping to have it finalized and out very soon," she said.

(AP/sanlouisobispo)

gefällt mir gut... :top
    bis auf den letzten abschnitt :rolleyes :blossnet

• MJJF eNews #797 - Thursday May 25, 2006

For Immediate Release: Michael Jackson to visit Tokyo, Japan to receive MTV Japan's "Legend Award"
    Washington, D.C. ........ Music Superstar Michael Jackson will visit Tokyo, Japan, in what will mark his first official public appearance since June 2005.

On Saturday May 27, 2006, Mr. Jackson will receive MTV Japan's "Legend Award," at the MTV Japan Video Music Award's ceremony, for his extraordinary and record-breaking career in the music industry. Mr. Jackson is a trailblazer, who set an unprecedented standard with music videos like "Thriller, "Bad," and "Smooth Criminal."

While in Japan, Mr. Jackson, whose recordings consistently topped charts, with over 100,000,000 albums sold in Japan alone, will visit orphanages, tour the city of Tokyo, and meet with members of the Asian business community, spearheaded by Broderick D. Morris, CEO, Positive Productions Yokohama, one of Asia's most reputable and successful entertainment promotions companies.

Mr. Jackson's trip to Japan kicks off the first in a series of Asian visits.

Says Mr. Morris: "We are delighted that Mr. Jackson has accepted our invitation to visit Tokyo. Michael Jackson is a legend. What he has accomplished as a world renowned artist is unequaled. He loves Japan, and we love him. We look forward to welcoming him."

Says Michael Jackson: "I look forward to my visit to Japan because I have so many fond memories of my visits there. I thank MTV Japan for this honor, and Mr. Morris for spearheading this visit. I look forward to seeing old friends, and saying hello to my huge fan base in Japan, who, like my other fans around the world, have for so many years consistently shown their love and support to me and my family."

Source: Raymone K. Bain

cool :dance:top *hofft auf tolle Pics* :D

• <div class='quotetop'>ZITAT (Screamlouder @ 26. Mai 2006 - 8:59 Uhr) [snapback]108003[/snapback]</div>

Zitat

Alles bestens...außer das Bain von sich aus wieder die Charity-Single ins Gespräch bringt, ist hinterwäldlerisch DUMM! :rolleyes:rofl
    [/b]

Der Song ist wohl ihr persönliches Anliegen ;D

• <div class='quotetop'>ZITAT (Screamlouder @ 26. Mai 2006 - 8:59 Uhr) [snapback]108003[/snapback]</div>

Zitat

Alles bestens...außer das Bain von sich aus wieder die Charity-Single ins Gespräch bringt, ist hinterwäldlerisch DUMM! :rolleyes:rofl
    [/b]

:rofl :lol

<div class='quotetop'>ZITAT </div>

Zitat

Der Song ist wohl ihr persönliches Anliegen [/b]

Geil :rofl Bain soll echt mal nen Gang zurückfahren, das kommt nämlich gar nicht gut!

• Yeah, Michael ab nach Asien !!! :top:ehre:ehre Das wäre echt genial, wenn er da auftauchen würde :top

[CENTER]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="2"]"If you enter this world knowing you are loved
    and you leave this world knowing the same,
    then everything that happens in between
    can be dealt with." &#9829;[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• <div class='quotetop'>ZITAT (Flying @ 26. Mai 2006 - 12:50 Uhr) [snapback]108041[/snapback]</div>

Zitat

und wann ist das? Juni? :?
    [/b]

Zitat

Pop star Michael Jackson on Saturday will make his first public appearance since his trial acquittal last June, flying to Tokyo to accept MTV Japan's "Legend Award," [/b]

Zitat

On Saturday May 27, 2006, Mr. Jackson will receive MTV Japan's "Legend Award," [/b]

:top;D

• also die show soll wohl um 14.30 uhr tokyo zeit sein.

aktuell isses JETZT fast 21.30 dort.
    also muss mike in 17 stunden dort sein.
    also eher früher...er muss ja auch noch das näschen pudern und so...;D
    hm... also lange darf er nicht mehr in britannien rumschwirren, wenn er pünktlich da sein muss.
    es wird also vermutlich in bälde bilder geben, denke ich :tatort

• <div class='quotetop'>ZITAT (badwoman @ 26. Mai 2006 - 13:19 Uhr) [snapback]108050[/snapback]</div>

:wau stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmt :wau :sabber

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!